Border on TV :-)

BorderBows

We have had confirmation form teh TV guys, that we are on:

Dales Diary

Tuesday 11th September at 7.30pm on ITV1.

There will be 2 more that we are aware of, and I'll post news of when we get it.

BorderBows

Again!

We were part of the documentry on the channel 4 series coming up.
It is about a bunch of folks over from the Vanuatu islands. They are into hunting birds and small game with bows and when here they visited us and our bows!
The series will start, With these guys in "Meet the Natives" on channel 4 on the 27th september 9:00pm

We found this one fascinating as chatting to these guys about bows. They understood balance and tiller, showing us, bows are bows where ever you go!

Ps. if you know anyone thats not an archer that wants to see round our place, we are very busy... We have had about 30 enquiries since it went out not so long ago and 3 people turn up without spec. TV comes with its problems.
We might have a vacancy for a "Tour guide" comeing up :raspberry

?2 a tour. :mind-blow

NeilvZ

Random thoughts, common thread.

First some background...
I've just recently (at great expense to myself and the gleeful delight of my credit card company) acquired a set of Border Hex4s.
Now due to my unfortunate living situation (I live in the South) I was unable to visit the Border factory. And due to ITV being of the opinion that nobody in the South could care less about what happens in the North, I was also unable to watch the Dales Diaries episode that featured Border.
So it was with great anticipation that I suffered through 3 episodes of Meet the Natives to catch a glimpse of the Border Factory, only to be disappointed by 2 minutes worth of footage with nothing of interest to me in them.

So my plea. Does anyone have a recording of the Dales Diary episode in question and can they put it up on the web. I'm more than willing to supply web space and a link to anyone that also want to see it.

A question did arise from the Meet the Natives episode last though. I was making a string at the time so I must admit my attention was a bit divided immediately prior to Border coming on, but it sounded like Lord Humphrey was the owner of Border Archery? I was under the impression it was a family run business, owned by Sid and family? Having said that I couldn't find anything to back up my assumption.

Neil

BorderBows

I think 'his nibs' owns the estate; Border would then be his tenants...
Yep, your right... We are his tenants. (not the beer either)

So, we are a family run company, with Sid Ball and Ann Ball at the helm, We have Dave our production director running production, as the term explains. Then, my self, Sid, another one. Picking up what peices i can. So far My folks have owned Border Archery for the last 10 years. Being in charge of design, comunications, and admin. Then Dave with 40 years experience working at Border, providing technical backup. Then there is the rest of the crew. Normally there are about 10 of us in total.

We take large rough sawn timber to final product all here in mellerstain estate.

Hope this clears things up.

PS. Anyone keen on visiting us is more than welcome, and being down south is not too far. We have visitors form as far a field as Tazmania, but mainly from europe. (one guy came from northern Norway on a 400cc Dirt Bike, just to buy a bow) So bring a bow and make a good days field shooting of it too...

NeilvZ

(one guy came from northern Norway on a 400cc Dirt Bike, just to buy a bow) So bring a bow and make a good days field shooting of it too...
I like motorcycles and I like archery, but I don't think I like either THAT much!
Having said that it does sound like a good plan for a holiday. I'll definitely try and join you next year for one of your shoots.

BorderBows

Here we go again...

We are on BBC2 at 2:30 on the 21/7/08

Gloria Hunniford in full swing.

hope its of interest...

phil_r_58

Supporter
Supporter
Ironman
We were part of the documentry on the channel 4 series coming up.
It is about a bunch of folks over from the Vanuatu islands. They are into hunting birds and small game with bows and when here they visited us and our bows!
The series will start, With these guys in "Meet the Natives" on channel 4 on the 27th september 9:00pm

We found this one fascinating as chatting to these guys about bows. They understood balance and tiller, showing us, bows are bows where ever you go!

Ps. if you know anyone thats not an archer that wants to see round our place, we are very busy... We have had about 30 enquiries since it went out not so long ago and 3 people turn up without spec. TV comes with its problems.
We might have a vacancy for a "Tour guide" comeing up :raspberry

?2 a tour. :mind-blow
Refundable when you order a set of limbs or a bow?