Build Photos

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
This request may be a bit out of order and I am happy if you guy's say no:

Would it be possible, for a fee to cover expenses etc. to get some photos on a CD capturing the progress of building the BD ILF riser and HEX5 limbs I have on order?

Many thanks

Brian

D

Deleted member 7654

I'm sure lots of us would like to see some pics :)
Certainly those of us who build stuff.
Del

BorderBows

we have about 150 bows in progress at anyone time. so they get picked up and put down when each stage is ready.
We would have to stand over it to achive this which is a mission in itself.

Also, Del the Cat has made a good point, im sure there are professional folks hanging around to find out how we make our stuff.

Brian, your more than welcome to come an visit...

We are pritty flat out so id kinda want to decline on this one.

There is a basic 30 stages just in the limbs. There must be 40 if you include detail like hand selecting timber, and hand selecting the cores from that timber.

Then there is the riser... Thats a more complicated process.

Last edited:

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Hi Sid

Thought you might say that :) No probs whatsoever, I'll just have to get down your way sometime! :)

Jaeger

Then there is the riser... Thats a more complicated process.
Really? I would have thought that the limbs would be the most challenging thing to build.

If I ever strike it rich I'm placing an order for a bow and coming to watch you build it. I'll sit in a corner with your finest local brew and you'll never even know I'm there!

BorderBows

Really? I would have thought that the limbs would be the most challenging thing to build.

If I ever strike it rich I'm placing an order for a bow and coming to watch you build it. I'll sit in a corner with your finest local brew and you'll never even know I'm there!
Riser production the way we do them at least is a more complicated process. The intelectual rights is balanced more on the limbs though.
The limbs are more technical, but the riser is more complicated.