Delivery time ?

Hello to all,

I would like to know what kind of delivery time you had to receive your Border bow or limbs.

Did any of you had to cope with aftersales ? How was it working ?

JohnK

Delivery time - it depends :) If you're lucky enough to order something in stock or that's already going through production, then delivery time is good. If not, then such is the demand for Border bows you can end up waiting a few months.

Recently, those who ordered HEXV limbs with the VX laminate have had a bigger problem, in that Border's suppliers of the laminate have let them down again and again. So Border has supplied all those who have ordered these limbs with standard HEXVs (as if there's anything standard about these limbs!), which can be swapped for HEXV VXs when the laminate is available.

Aftersales service: I honestly believe you won't find better. My TX40Gs had a small recurring issue at the limb butt. They were over three years old, yet Border still offered me either a new set of TXGs or a hugely generous trade-in against a set of HEXVs. I took the HEXVs :D

Border also have a crash-replacement service: if your bow is damaged or destroyed by accident (through no fault of design), they will sell you a new one at a significant discount.

BorderBows

We have been though a rough patch with our production director having a triple heart bypass in January, and back to work late march. (impressive work by the NHS)
This has meant that production has gone up and down like a yoyo.
With this in mind, we also released new laminates on all our recurves, which is a massive job. This decision took place a month or so before Dave had his heart attack. We took some desicions to try and keep as many people happy as possible while production went down, till we stabilised. The Revier was the bow model that suffered most. We had to prioritise models, and it was the bow on the list with the least outstanding orders. We still have some outstanding bows to make. We also have some Hex5 Orders that have been Horribly late. (we are not proud of this!)

I can only appolosise to all those that are waiting, and i can reasure those that are waiting, that we are flat out on the backlog, other than obligatory/statutary holidays we are catching up and catching up well.
Our production estimantes went from 8-10 weeks, to 20-24 weeks in about a month and a half, and that wasnt helped by quoting 10-weeks one week and finding out 7 weeks later that we were still 10 weeks away from delivery!
Our priority system is to replacements/repairs, then to first come first served basis. We have one vacancy at the moment, but all our new guys/girls are looking very good, and we are getting though our backlog well.
If your who i think you are (Gyles), your Reiver is in the sprayroom/just been tillered, from what i remember. (remember it has been nearly 2 weeks since anyone was in the factory, so i might be wrong)

We are currenty quoting 14-16 weeks on new orders.
If you have any questions about where your bow is then we will do our best to answer your questions on our first week back, as there will be a backlog of emails to answer...

Thunk

Ironman
Delivery times are always going to be a problem for a small company with an impressive reputation making a hand-made product.

The flip side of this is that any Border bow is well worth the wait...one day when my ship comes in (I'll probably be at the airport!) I'm going to treat myself to one.

Jay.g

Haha I'm getting my tent and sleeping bag to wait at the airport when the delivary status from the post is to be 'LANDED'.

Zippo

Recently, those who ordered HEXV limbs with the VX laminate have had a bigger problem, in that Border's suppliers of the laminate have let them down again and again. So Border has supplied all those who have ordered these limbs with standard HEXVs (as if there's anything standard about these limbs!), which can be swapped for HEXV VXs when the laminate is available.
Yeap. I've a pair of VXs on order and Sid offered me a pair with the standard laminate and then a swap for a VX pair(together with payment for the VX) when it becomes available. Too bad shipping costs is an issue for so I guess I'd rather wait :)