CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Discuss Fiberbow with Border limbs? at the Border Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; Due to an elbow injury on my bow arm, I am considering reducing the physical ...
    Thanks

Fiberbow with Border limbs?

Due to an elbow injury on my bow arm, I am considering reducing the physical weight of my bow. Currently, I am shooting Border CV-H limbs on a Hoyt GMX riser, Olympic set-up. I'm thinking about getting a Fiberbow 6.9 riser. Has anyone had experience with Fiberbow/Border combinations? I'll be moving back to HEX 6.6 limbs in a few months, so I would be most interested in Fiberbow 6.9 combined with HEX 6.6. Also, any opinions on the overall quality of Fiberbow?
    D.K. Lieu

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Gold
    Thanks
    I'm not personally a fan of the Fibrebow, except in a situation like yours where the low mass is key. Be aware that some examples of their riser require a bit of limb pad shimming to ensure the limbs sit square - this is important to avoid potential damage to the limb.

There should be no problem using the CV limbs on Fibrebow, and probably no problem with the Hexes, however I know Border have been compiling a list of risers that are/are not suitable for different Hex limbs mostly due to riser straightness and resultant brace heights I believe.

Personally, I would drop Sid a line and check, because that way you know there are no nasty surprises and I find that Border give a lot of support in getting setups just right.

Thanks
    Not my experience over the past 10 years and the new 6.9 has conventional limb alignment adjustment so there should be no problems.

In the Red
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I suspect the straightness talked about is lack of Deflex rather than alignment issues.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufti View Post
    I suspect the straightness talked about is lack of Deflex rather than alignment issues.
    Sorry if I have missed the point - The FB is the most deflexed bow available today.

It's an X AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehart View Post
    Sorry if I have missed the point - The FB is the most deflexed bow available today.
    Ooo figures please...

- - - Updated - - -

No, straightness becomes an issue with older risers as the slots wear, in addition to the odd twisted dud.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast