HEX limb VX option

jarda

I?m preparing order for my new bow. I?m not sure of limb?s HEX5-H VX option.
Have anybody experience with limb included VX. There is noticeable different with/without VX.
Thanks

napolienne

Fonz Awardee
Wrexham Exile of this forum has shot a set of HexV with the VX option. As have a couple of others. He and I originally ordered the option with our own HexVs but be warned that Border are being let down by their suppliers at the moment, so if you do order (if indeed you still can) be prepared for a wait.

What is does is create an even more stable limb than the usual HexV, with very very little nock travel. I'm sure Sid can explain in more depth.

PS Sid - Limbs arrived yesterday. Sightmarks even better than before - must be those shiny limb tips!

JohnK

As Napolienne says, Border is having trouble getting a reliable source of the material required at the moment.

I have handled a set of prototype limbs containing the VX material. They were 68in 38lbs, and I'm not kidding when I tell you they were nigh-impossible to twist in the hand.

BorderBows

due to supply issues we have not managed to get the VX into production

We are still working on a source of VX material.

Zippo

After some emails with Sid (senior i suppose), I believe the VX would take quite some time. Anyways, heres a quote from the email which I think those waiting on the VX order might be interested in.

BTW the changes that we
have made to the CXC laminates the limb now are almost as stiff as the
originally intended VX. From the original CXC laminate as it was first made
we doubled the torsional stiffness and then later on again we improved that
doubling by a further 12% and so the VX as we first thought of it has only a
small gain now over what we are producing at present.