Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower than recommended brace height

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Flatter risers are always going to be trickier to use with a super recurve, but you should be ok with HexV. Holger does not recommend his risers for super recurves any longer.
    So yes, you'll need a lower bh than recommended. If there is a second button hole further away from you, use that. You'll need to make the arrow think it's got a decent amount of bh distance to do it's flexing as it leaves the string without contact. Have the limbs wound max out. That will help a harsh riser be kinder to the limbs, and the limbs are most efficient at that setting too.
    You might need to change spine. A straighter riser increases the pounds on your fingers (by effectively increasing your draw length) So firstly you need to weigh your bow at your draw length very accurately, (its almost certainly going to be higher than your old riser) and then I would err on the stiffer side of arrow choice.
    I'm sure I'll think of more things, but that's me for now
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the White
    Thanks
    Hi EVC. I don't think it's the string - I have used both 16 strand FF and 18 strand 8125 and the problem remains.

In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timid Toad View Post
    Flatter risers are always going to be trickier to use with a super recurve, but you should be ok with HexV. Holger does not recommend his risers for super recurves any longer.
    So yes, you'll need a lower bh than recommended. If there is a second button hole further away from you, use that. You'll need to make the arrow think it's got a decent amount of bh distance to do it's flexing as it leaves the string without contact. Have the limbs wound max out. That will help a harsh riser be kinder to the limbs, and the limbs are most efficient at that setting too.
    You might need to change spine. A straighter riser increases the pounds on your fingers (by effectively increasing your draw length) So firstly you need to weigh your bow at your draw length very accurately, (its almost certainly going to be higher than your old riser) and then I would err on the stiffer side of arrow choice.
    I'm sure I'll think of more things, but that's me for now

Thanks Timid Toad for that excellent advice, I'm very grateful. I shall start re-tweaking.

Thanks
    And really important: check limb alignment and set a true centershot...took away a lot of noice from my set up (Border Mistral/Hex6 BB2). Best of luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to starground For This Useful Post:

Kerf (29-08-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12