My new Border

dkard

My new Border has landed. Here are the specs

66" 43#@30" Hex V -W limbs Super Black Douglas, sight, stab and plunger bushings.
Indonesian Rosewood and Shedua riser. Finger grooves, high wrist grip with buffalo horn overlay.

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Oh My, that's almost too nice to take out into the field! Interested in a report on how it shoots, should be sweet and smooth at 66 inches :)

rusty craine

goodness what a hadsome bow, I think i'll make arrangements to take mine with me in the end, I would not want to egyptions and celetics to be the only one wioth bows in the hear after. ;)

rusty

JohnK

Simply stunning. Indonesian rosewood is a beautiful wood and I applaud your choice :)

Let us know how it shoots.

dkard

Later this afternoon

DOing waterbottle rockets in my son's second grade class in about an hour.

Fnger has finally healed enough, so will be out shooting my new Border later this afternoon. Should be interesting, haven't been out in several weeks now :(

dave

dkard

Took her out

Was out this morning shooting the bow after breakfast :)

Shot about 100 arrows a mixed set of spine CE 150's some 2016's and Blackhawk 2000's.

The CE 150 seemed to group best, but no real attempt to tune was done. Even had fletches touching on occasion. Pretty good since I haven't shot in 2 month's plus.

I put a springy rest with the medium spring on it. Tied a nock on and took her out.

The 2016's were the fastest as they grouped a foot higher at 20 yds.

Very happy, no vibration, bow balances well without a stab. Bow jumps straight forward after the shot.

Would have shot more but I could feel that I haven't been shooting in my arms and the sun came out and the temo jumped 15-20 degrees almost immediately.

Will take her out again later as the sun starts to go down.

dave

peterjones

My new Border has landed. Here are the specs

66" 43#@30" Hex V -W limbs Super Black Douglas, sight, stab and plunger bushings.
Indonesian Rosewood and Shedua riser. Finger grooves, high wrist grip with buffalo horn overlay.

that's simply amzing...loved it