oh dang my limbs aren't pink but...

rusty craine

Yep, the two golds are handsome when viewed by the eye. I didn't set the white balance on the pics so they look differnet. the gold on the limb is a tone or two light than the picture and set the gold in the riser off well.

well not matter what gtek thinks, I do think the group is the important thing. although it does not hurt to shoot it with a handsome bow :)

rusty

rusty craine

Just my opinon

the last yr I have been inspired by a friend. He has am unmatched work ethic. He has been shooting for 2 hours a day for about three yrs. He has won his class in the Texas Indoors (FITA Inoor target) for the last two yrs running. This yr he broke the class long standing record.

I have not been a bad shoot but never really had a good work ethic for practice. Week before a shoot I would put in a few hours and go shoot. The last yr or so I have been putting in last 30 min to an hour of practice per day.

It is really being to pay off. I am shooting groups that are touching at 22 yds. Well to the extent I have had to stop shooting single spots and start shooting 3 spots to save my arrows.

I have been shooting the 45# long Hex 5 (Mark I) on the an aladin riser for 4 or 5 months. I tuned along on the bow for maybe 30 days (i am slow and turtle like).

BH 8&5/8". (after much fiddling.

now a few personal impression (absolutely subjective)

1). the feel of the bow when the string hits tension after the release to very good. I am getting a dead feel, no galloping, no (or only the breifest moment) vibration, no buzz. Feel is addicting.

2). These Hex5 are the mark I and for me a a few fps slower that my TXG are pound for pound. the speed is very good though. what I like more about these Hex 5 is the feel thru the clicker (sting walker with under the arrow clicker). On long crawls which can be very hard to get thru the clicker, My Hex 5 has a very smooth but loading feel. not a stacking feel but more like [last 3/4"] easy easy easy [last 1/4"] then a bit of a different feel. not hard to pull but something like the limb has unrolled and now there is an urgent feel :) [ya i know]. as if the angle had just flattened and now you had more purchase........all in my head maybe but as long as it works. when I am shooting with a finger touching the string the limbs just feel very smooth the clikcer and things seem like you would expect a top of the line limb to feel thru the clicker.

3) from a long crawl my Hex 5 have narrowed myh left/right deviation. I can not say if it is due to the limbs forgiving the change in arrow spine on long crawls or that the limbs having more tortional stregth

I got a few more very subjective impression bu I got do a few chores. more later.

btw I am not tring to sale ya Borders limbs. Actually I hope they are a well kept secert. I need all the points I can get even if I am practicing

rusty

rusty craine

ps - i just don't have the work ethic to shoot 2 hours a day. so top 10 finish will be fine with me :). I already have a job. don't want another one.

the impression I am posting on the Border forum are gleamed from shooting limbs side by side. I am not going to comment on how the other limbs did so the impression are not an indictment of other limbs. as a matter of fact I like some of the other limbs and shoot them pretty often. it is a statement of why I have select the borders limbs as my target limbs for feild and 3D stringwalking shoots.

LOL one more disclaimer - nor am impling anything about the hex 5 as unlimited recurve limbs. since I don't shoot unlimited (FITA) recurve except for form practice I would have little expertise in that venue

rusty

rusty craine

4) if you compare the arrow speed from 1&5/8" crawl to the arrow speed from a split-finger release from the same anchor without a clicker, you will get an idea of how much your arrow is going to react right or left from the difference in draw lenght (which is not alot but can make a difference). my hex 5 show a very very snall difference in the two. I don't have to take any left and right sighting consideration except for wind of course.

that is the 4 reasons I am shooting the hex 5 mark I. maybe the reason the limbs telegarph the clicker location to me is because I have shoot so many arrows thru them. maybe the feel after the shot is nice for the same reason. the difference is the arrow speed between a low crawl and a split-finger release is not subjustive :). The left and right deviations are a litle more subjective but after a few days shooting ya do have a pretty good idea how a limbs is "holding" your group horizontally.

One thing you can take to the bank is that a stringwalker ask his/her limbs to forgive a lot of funny business.

rusty

you can tell a stringwalker but ya can't tell them much