Riser flex

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Hi Sid

To carry on from another thread... roughly speaking, how much flex is there in your wood CX risers compared to cnc risers? What I have noticed is the wood CX risers seem to be brilliant at absorbing shock/vibration and make for a very comfortable shot...

BorderBows

I wouldnt want to shoot an target bow with 80lbs in my fingers....I dont think they are tested/designed to that poundage.
I can say that there are some mirages out there with 65lbs of draw weight on them.

When we went for the CX option (which is now standard) we tested a 21" riser with 85lbs. We then tested it on a block that we know has NO flex. It weighed in the same weight.
The old MkII risers would loose about 2-3lbs at this weight.
The Carbon spine gives you a solution to this question, by putting 190tho of carbon in place of the centre timber on a standard. This ontop of the CX re-enforcements means that there should be NO flex.
Wood being wood, we dont have that much experience with the real high draw weights on a 25" riser so we would like to add that the mirage is good for 65" and the Carbon spine would add about another 10lbs to that.

We are talking up in the silly weights. As for 50lbs, then there is not a question of flex that we can detect even in our longer 25" risers.
A good bit of Slo-mo video would probably change our minds about that, but there is not really a riser on earth that would not flex during the shot.

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Thanks for that info Sid, sounds like it is not an issue for us mere mortals :)