Tell us about your Achievements

BorderBows

We like to hear of success, We have added this thread as a Place for Border owners to tell everyone about your own success. Personal Bests, Club/regional records, Wins, and anything else you have achived with your Border equipment.

this includes Field, Target, Indoor, outdoor. With Flatbow or Recurve, Tell us, where, when, and what bow you used.

rusty craine

sometimes ya just get luck :)

I shot the IFAA '07 Nationals in Houston (barebow sr).

I used TXG's #36 longs on a Brenardilli 21" Cobra riser to luck into a silver medal.

I shot heads up with Skip Trafford (now he is a good shot :) ).

Rusty

archer_thom

I started archery in France in October 2001, got Border Premier Carbon limbs in summer 2002. Averaged 555 in FITA 18 and placed in the top 30 for Cadet in France, made the Lyonnais Regional Junior team. Then averaged 604 in FITA 720 summer 2003, got to top 7 in the French Cadet rankings, and would have represented GB in European Junior Cup if I had been a member of GNAS since September (but I didn't know I'd be that good!). All of this was due to the torsional resistance, speed, forgiveness and smoothness of your amazing limbs.

Alas I then succumbed to "famous limb syndrome", bought Synerzys, then G3s, lost all ability to shoot over the next 3 years... and got a compound last year.

Happily I have now found form and motivation again, and when I get home for Xmas I shall pick up my recurve again... and now I know what limbs I need to put on it :D.

If all goes well, you'll be hearing more soon.

I shoot with my border TXG's against Naomi Folkard n got a PB by 99 points in a ladies FITA (i was 17 at the time) does that count coz it wasn't with a border riser?
alice:yummy:

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
hi

i won the oxfordshire county champs gents recurve + team event using you TXGs this weekend.

they performed great and gave me a tournament PB. bring on the HEX5s!!

buzz lite beer

I held the Gents National recurve record (GNAS) if only briefly for an Olympic round final with a score of 319 with my Border Talisman Tx40 Gold limbs and got 2nd in the UK Masters (same event)

Last edited:

cloutman360

I used some Border limbs to win the GNAS National Clout Championships in 1999 ,the limbs are marked with the serial no HK815920.(not sure if the 2nd letter is a K as it's hand written )

Berra

Border Harrier Swedish Longbow Champion

Hi,

On the 20st of July I become Swedish Longbow Champion in Outdoor
Target 40 meters (FITA) with my 70" and 58# Black Harrier.
The Championship was held in Borl?nge, Sweden.

:arc:

not dead yet

Ironman
after 18 yr break started back in archery 1991. shot for county within 4 weeks very first fita in howling wind with X7's 981.
only got the sight marks for 90 / 70 on the wednesday b4.
olympic dream 2nd hand BORDER wood limbs.

had first set of ML2's that bowplus had del . of. absolutely brill.

then had a mad moment. bought G3's sold my ML's to club member.
he has just ordered hex's. so maybe i'll get my ML's back.....

the bugger is holding them to ransom,

BorderBows

Hi,

On the 20st of July I become Swedish Longbow Champion in Outdoor
Target 40 meters (FITA) with my 70" and 58# Black Harrier.
The Championship was held in Borl?nge, Sweden.

:arc:

Welcome to AIUK. Congratulations as well
The Harrier is picking up some good tiltes round Europe, France included. As well as being the bow that helped the a Estonian lady take the worlds in Longbow/flatbow Namibia.
New members get :beer::cake:

Nick Forster

Ironman
A BigThanks

Hi Sid
David shot this year at the Junior Euro Nations and did very well indeed coming home with a bronze medal , in the team event and certainly not disgracing himself in the individual shoot, on both days he took county records.
David this year has broken 11 county records in Northamptonshire all using your TXG Limbs.
Over the last Two Seasons David has taken gold in the Northants county championships Bedfordshire county champs Emas regional champs Norfolk Fita Star, Emas v Ncas Junior inter region as well as numerous other County, Record Status & WRS level shoots. Thanks for a fantastic product and brilliant service.
Cheers Nick Forster

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Ladies' British Clout Champs 1st 2006 (setting two Scottish records and equalling British record), 2nd 2007, Him Indoors was Gents Clout 2nd 2006, Barebow Clout Champ 2007 (setting 2 records).
Couldn't be without our Border limbs.

pfeilflug

Turnaments

I fire only tournaments in order to accompany my club members.

13. & 14. 9. 2008, 2 x 40 3D-targets: 1402 points, in Spechtensee, won
15. 3. 2008, 1 x 28 3D-targets: 521 points, in Bad Zell, won
5. & 6. 1. 2008, 2 x 37 3D-targets: 1376 points, Leibnitz, place 5.

Equipment: BD Swift 50lbs62",16strang FF flemish, shelfshooting,
GoldTip5575,28",425gr.
Specifikation: BH-R, no string-face walking, 1 finger above, 3 under arrow.

Paul
Austria

Jay.g

Austrlian Opens:

Ranking round: 1216, 2nd place
90m: 264 (Calm)
70m: 303 (Calm)
50m: 311 (Windy as hell)
30m: 338 (Less Windy)

Matchplay 6th

Team's Matchplay: 3rd.

JohnK

Damn good shooting Jay! Well done! :beer:

Out of interest, did the HEXVs attract many comments? I know many archers double-take when they see my set up.

Jay.g

Hahaha o yes!! Got the AIS coach quite interested in them. Definitely an eye-catcher on the line.

BorderBows

Mikael Ekholm

Mikael Elkolm From Sweden would like is to post this notice of his personal achivements and quite right too...

"I have shot really well with the limbs this July and August. In July I became the Swedish Field Champion in the Elite Division, And helped the Swedish team to come 2-4. In August I came 3rd at the European Master Games.

Here are some photos of me at the European Master Games:

I took Bronze that day.

I strongly beleave that Border Hex limbs are the best on planet Earth!

Mikael Ekholm"

Additional Info from Mikael:

Limbs: HEX-4W, 56 pound when clicker goes off.

Riser: Best Mercery 25? with home made grip.

Bow length: 66? , Drawlength 26 ? ? AMO

String: BCY 452X, 22 strands

Arrows: X10, spine 450 with 110 grain point and Spinwing.

Speed: 226 f/s

Last edited: