Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Tell us about your Achievements

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Minor achievements compared with some, but I'm getting on very well with my Tempest 25in and CV-H limbs.

Today, for the club round of the month, I broke another club barebow record, this time for the WA60 round. I shot 424, which was not only enough to come second overall based on handicap adjusted scores, but also good enough to beat the two other archers shooting the WA60 with target recurve set-ups.

The Tempest is definitely the best barebow riser I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. So well balanced, and so good on the shot.
    Marcus26: A coaching qualification means that you attended a seminar. My cat can attend a seminar.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Minor achievements compared with some, but I'm getting on very well with my Tempest 25in and CV-H limbs.

Today, for the club round of the month, I broke another club barebow record, this time for the WA60 round. I shot 424, which was not only enough to come second overall based on handicap adjusted scores, but also good enough to beat the two other archers shooting the WA60 with target recurve set-ups.

The Tempest is definitely the best barebow riser I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. So well balanced, and so good on the shot.
    Marcus26: A coaching qualification means that you attended a seminar. My cat can attend a seminar.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I finished my outdoor season shooting my Tempest + XL CV-H limbs, and achieved First Class, breaking a few club records in the process (barebow, as before).

Today I went to the Herts County Clout Championships, to shoot my first proper Archery GB clout. I dusted off my old PSE Intrepid for the occasion; not because there's anything wrong with the Tempest, but because I didn't want to make any changes to it.

After a shaky start, because the wind picked up the moment we stepped up for our first scoring arrows, I did pretty well and had a great time. I finished with 109, enough for a Black Tassel award. It was also the second-highest gents barebow score on the field, winning me 2nd place visitor medal.

Now for the National Clout next weekend!

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.

Thanks
    Many congrats, John. I admit I am a bit envious. I wish we had Clout competitions here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dfrois For This Useful Post:

JohnK (18-10-17)

In the Black I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.
    Thanks
    Well done John, good shooting
    Last edited by floydfanian; 18-10-17 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Didn't read and posted in wrong thread
    You house proud town mouse,
    Ha ha charade you are

8. The Following User Says Thank You to floydfanian For This Useful Post:

JohnK (18-10-17)

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334