Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thinking of border

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks

thinking of border

It's a shame that I didn't know about border when I was looking for my new bow last year, actually with 34" AMO my 27" prodigy xt with long limbs still looks a little bit short for me. The idea is to change to the border tempest 27" + extra long limbs.
    I really love it! I get the opportunity to see one at the island games this summer and I can't forget it!
    Just few question, about limbs, there are 3 type of them, They have big difference between?
    Just to start to find the right combo for me.
    Daniele

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    There's the CV series, a conventional profile limb that's the best in it's class.
    Then there's the Hex6 series. A hyper recurve running a low brace height, and Hex7 series. They're on 7.5s just now, and they are extremely recurved. These are the fastest. Both Hexes have an interesting draw feel, particularly the 7.5s which almost feel like they are getting easier towards the end of the draw. It's very smooth and easy through the clicker.
    All three are available with wood or hyperflex cores. Hyperflex is a few fps faster.
    You'll need to be careful with arrow spine - the extra speed needs a stiffer spine. And you'll need to be able to make a string about 73" long for a 74" bow. If you have problems with that I can recommend a UK based stringmaker.

Sid and Sid at Border are good at offering both before and after sales advice and they are always an email away.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    I have already ask some questions to Sid, really kind! But I don't want to stress too much for a next year purchase.Btw the tempest riser is absolutely beautiful! And the 74" configuration will sure help my long draw.For the string, fortunately I can make it by my self If I have understood right, there is just the ilf configuration for the limbs, or there is a "formula" version like hoyt? I mean, can I buy now limbs to fit on my formula?

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh yes, they do Formula fit in the Hex series too, but they'll work slightly differently: The butts don't bend like Hoyt's do, and they don't put a bush for a top weight in the butt. Some one I know shoots Hex7 XL on a 27" RX. Very quiet bow.
    On a set of XLs I'd guess they'll be made to order for you, so there might be a few weeks wait if you order today.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I shoot XL Border limbs, and they do make them for stock, so you *might* be lucky.

I'm going to be making a 74in bow as well with a 27in Tempest. The reason is that I have a 32in draw and I will be stringwalking, so I want the extra length to be kinder to the bottom limb.
    Marcus26: A coaching qualification means that you attended a seminar. My cat can attend a seminar.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I shoot XL Border limbs, and they do make them for stock, so you *might* be lucky.

I'm going to be making a 74in bow as well with a 27in Tempest. The reason is that I have a 32in draw and I will be stringwalking, so I want the extra length to be kinder to the bottom limb.
    Marcus26: A coaching qualification means that you attended a seminar. My cat can attend a seminar.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast