TXG's or HEX's?

Mistake

Ironman
I've been toying with the idea of increasing the poundage of my bow.. and after shooting a set of 40lbs Border limbs (can't remember what limb make they where) i am almost certain that the limbs i will be getting will be borders.

This brings me to my question about weither i should buy a set of TXG or HEX IV/ V limbs, as i have little knowledge about the differant limb charicteristics.

I'm basically looking for limbs that are a good balance between smoothness, stability and speed (though... with 44lbs speed isn't as big an issue as the other two (even though i know that Border limbs are fast anyway))

My current set up is:

Hoyt Axis
Long Winnex limbs (with axis conversions) 40lb, drawing to just under 44
16 strand Dyneema string

Indoor arrows: 29" 2312 X7's
Outdor arrows: 29" 570 ACE

Thanks in advance

napolienne

Fonz Awardee
Each have their own merits, as I'm sure someone will be along to tell you shortly.

However, I went for HexVs because 1) they are smooth 2) the gadget factor. Now I just have to contain my excitement until they're ready...

Al (wrexham exile) has shot both, maybe worth dropping him a PM.

Mistake

Ironman
Each have their own merits, as I'm sure someone will be along to tell you shortly.

However, I went for HexVs because 1) they are smooth 2) the gadget factor. Now I just have to contain my excitement until they're ready...

Al (wrexham exile) has shot both, maybe worth dropping him a PM.
Yes... but how much are HexV's?

KevinH

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
You might also want to consider availability, i.e. check what border has available for immediate sale. I've been waiting 6 months for my Hex V's now, while there seems to be a fair stock of TXG's.

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
?513 is the most you'll pay, I think. You must be thinking of gold plated Wiis!
shhh i want a wii!

rhodri - you may find that the txg's are similar to your winnex's as they are a very similar limb. however the hex5 is a different beast.

if your changing limb because you want higher poundage either would be a good choice.

if you want higher poundage and a limb "upgrade" then the HEX5's would be the choice i would go for (if your student loan will cover them). maybe it was new toy syndrome but my txg's felt quite ordinary after trying those....

(of course best people to speak to would be border themselves)

Mistake

Ironman
shhh i want a wii!

rhodri - you may find that the txg's are similar to your winnex's as they are a very similar limb. however the hex5 is a different beast.

if your changing limb because you want higher poundage either would be a good choice.

if you want higher poundage and a limb "upgrade" then the HEX5's would be the choice i would go for (if your student loan will cover them). maybe it was new toy syndrome but my txg's felt quite ordinary after trying those....

(of course best people to speak to would be border themselves)

Thats kinda why i posted in the Border section, cause i'm hoping that they'll have a look... if not i'll contact them when i'm at home and not having to pay for the phone bill ;)

SVL

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I recently got TXG limbs.
I spend about a month trying to decide between the TXG and HEX limbs.
The draw force information looked quite similar for both so in the end I added a few more ideas in for consideration
1) What level do I shot at?
2) Would spending the extra really give me any more advantage?
3) Do I really want to wait 6 months+?
4) What realistically is my budget?
If you can actually get to Border then you an try what they have available. I really do recommend that and Sid (senior) is very helpful. After trying about three or four sets of limbs I found what suited me best.

rusty craine

ah yes but quite ordinary in the finest manner. I am a TXG user. I am one of those poorly begotten string walkers that abuse limbs without mercy. I find the stability of the TXG outstanding on the longer crawls.

if you ever shoot IFAA barebow, you will love the TXG's. getting the arrow thru the under arrow clicker (ya can use an under arrow clicker in IFAA) at longer crawls will make you love the ordinary feel of the TXG's.

rusty