What is an Osprey?

bobferrell

I've got Griffon #2 on the way, but notice the Osprey is on the price list that Sid Senior sent me. I see it mentioned in the flatbow thread, but can't tell much from the pictures. How does it differ from the Griffon and other semi-longbow models?

thanks,
bob

BorderBows

The name is an old name we have used for a while, and now it takes on a newer meaning.

The Falcon, Osprey, and Griffon are all the same style bow.

Its the construction that changes.

The Falcon is clear glass over bamboo and the riser has contrasting lines though it.

The Griffon was the top performer in that line. It was partly Carbon powered and had a big brother called the Black Griffon, which were the Beauty and the beast. We improved on that and Established the Griffon GL, which improved in the shooting traits of the black and combined this with the looks of the normal Griffon. The Griffon Also comes with contrasting lines though the handle.

The Osprey was the budget aware version which we made more durable by adding the Heritage timbers as standard. The riser has had this added as its a upgrade on the Griffon and Falcon, but to reduce costs, we have not added the contrasting stripes. It comes with the normal Falcon limbs, or it comes with the GL limb, which would be by default the Osprey GL. We are looking to revise these names when we get the chance to streamline the range.

The next one is that this principal works on the Kestral, Merlin GL and Hunter bows in the same order
Glass limbs, GL limbs, and simple handle (either glass or GL).

Hope that helps.

ChakaZulu

The Osprey was the budget aware version which we made more durable by adding the Heritage timbers as standard. The riser has had this added as its a upgrade on the Griffon and Falcon, but to reduce costs, we have not added the contrasting stripes. It comes with the normal Falcon limbs, or it comes with the GL limb, which would be by default the Osprey GL. We are looking to revise these names when we get the chance to streamline the range.
Have you got any photos of the Osprey, Sid? Or just any that show a bow without the contrasting stripes. I almost feel I'd prefer it that way, but I'm not sure.

BorderBows

Griffon GL review:
which means the Osprey GL will be the same...
test.border griffon gl.html

We have that colour of heritage timber, which is the walnut, We have Midnight, which is that dark grey of that high grip and a red, similar in colour to that cocobolo grip second on the left.