Competetions in N.E?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can probably guess i'm looking for any tradtional wooden bow only contests in the north (I live in Durham), i've been making bows for a while now and am now shooting reasonably well with them. I've just joined the Archer's of the Tees club in Darlington and we had a competition in couple of weeks ago which I really enjoyed. I've heard of the Scorton Silver arrow shoot but that is still a few months off...

carus

Try logging onto Northern Counties Archery Society then use the links to go to the individual county sections. There should be plenty of competitions starting to appear and I hope to bump into you at one or two of them in the New Year. The DNAA has a healthy longbow takeup so you should have lots to choose from.

mf78

I was going to suggest Archers of the Tees but looks like you've already met them :) Fred's a nice guy.

Here's the entry details for the Scorton Arrow (or Antient Silver Arrow - take your pick on the name) Antient Silver Arrow - Entry Index. I'm organising it this year so will be happy to answer any queries on it and am taking entries now (forms are about to be posted to last years entrants before anyone asks :)).

SVL

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
We hold a longbow only shoot in Cockermouth in July.....actually it is an excuse for an excellent picnic session. If you would like to travel to the North West you would be very welcome to join us.

cestria

Fonz Awardee
There not that many Traditional only competitions around here. If you do get to any of the open shoots you'll get to meet the few who exclusively shoot longbow, which includes my better half.
As AFTYB mentioned earlier, Cleadon have a very strong traditional contingent, longbow, flatbow and barebow recurve (not all get to open shoots that often).
Not too far away there is a NFAA club with a strong traditional following if that is your thing, I'm not sure if they run competitions though.
The BLBS doesn't have any shoots close by, there are few just outside the area if you don't mind travelling.
Hope this helps

JohnK

If field's your thing, Border Archery have an interesting course with their own scoring system. It's not too far from Durham for a day out shooting, and is brilliant fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.