CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Discuss Currently using Bucktrail BlackHawk , thinking of a slight "upgrade" at the Traditional Bows within Archery Interchange Forums; Hi, I wonder if you can help me (apologies if this post breaks any forum ...
    In the Green
    Thanks

Currently using Bucktrail BlackHawk , thinking of a slight "upgrade"

Hi, I wonder if you can help me (apologies if this post breaks any forum rules or asks a semi-stupid question, its my first one so bear with me !)

Currently I target with a bucktrail blackhawk 35# , 45# on the fingers with a 32 inch draw. Looking to "upgrade slightly" (and prop go up 5lbs ) but clearly not much as the budget is around 300ish

these are the options so far

KG Archery Outlaw 200
    Ragim Black Hawk 290 ish
    Ragim Red Hawk 200 ish

or wait and save up slightly and get the

KG Osprey

So from what I understand all those bows are shorter than my flatbow, the ragim blackhawk recurve is 58 so not sure it would "work" for target distances around 50 yrds or would be unstable
    The ragim red hawk is a nice looking longbow but would it be too similar and in fact not much different from my existing bucktrail

The KG outlaw looks a nice option and a good price point but again would it be a step up at all and would the shorter length make my shooting worse (if possible !)
    Or save a little bit extra and get an osprey which loads of people seem to love ?

any words of wisdom gratefully recieved !

thanks Simon

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the White AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    Hi also look at a falco flatbow, I draw to 29.5 and it is very smooth doesn't feel like 40lbs, kg osprey can be very arrow fussy but a very nice bow and well worth the money personally I would keep away from the cheaper makes of bow with your draw length as they can stack badly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vmaxphil For This Useful Post:

simon_shadowshow (21-04-17)

In the Green
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaxphil View Post
    Hi also look at a falco flatbow, I draw to 29.5 and it is very smooth doesn't feel like 40lbs, kg osprey can be very arrow fussy but a very nice bow and well worth the money personally I would keep away from the cheaper makes of bow with your draw length as they can stack badly
    thanks Paul much appreciated , may I ask what you mean by "arrow fussy "

cheers simon

In the White AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    When I sorted the arrows for the osprey (pentathlon trads) I was advised when the bearshaft was just weak, fletch an arrow or two and see how the fletched arrows group checking against the bearshaft. I found when I tried this the best group was with a slightly weak shaft also the osprey for me is unforgiving of my bad release that saying it is still my favorite bow