Flemish Dacron strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Where does one go about buying good quality Flemish twist Dacron bowstrings?

J

John (OSF)

Is it difficult?
I have been thinking about trying to make one since my new longbow already has one.
I bought a jig and instructions from a retailer on ebay (not expensive) but I gave it away to a longbow pal when I stopped trad shooting, if you're interested I'll see if I can find the seller id

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
We have a junior at our club who wants to make his own Flemish Twist strings.
I have looked around some websites, to see if I can learn how, in the hopes that I can pass on the technique to him. So far the sites I have viewed are not clear enough for me to follow all that is required. DOes anyone know of a good site, for a beginner to use?
Thanks.

steve58

I use Mr Bickerstaffe's strings and have had no problems with them. His advice is a new string once per year (although I'm not sure how many arrows that equates to), even at that rate it only works out at ?1 per month. Only making them that often I'm not sure I would remember the technique...

norb

I use dacron on my glass flatbows,linnen is a nice material to work with and is right on a longbow but i got 2 spools of linnen from Quicks and on my spring scale 1 strand broke at 12 Pounds ,Dacron 36 .Linnen was suplied 2 loop spliced on all steel bows in the past,where can i obtain good linnen .this 12 1b QUICKS STUFF IS CALLED COATS BABOUR LINNEN SINGLE SHOE.NORB

Status
Not open for further replies.