Samick 60" SHT take down bow brace height

Status
Not open for further replies.

anchorman

Hi
Can anyone tell me the correct brace height for my new Samick 60" SHT field bow. The limbs are 40 lbs. I contacted Bowsports who supplied the bow but they did not know the manufacturers setting and visited the Samick website who don't give a 60" bow setting
Cheers
Anchorman

BobUnitt

I don't know the answer, but will this help ? <http://www.samicksports.com/nsboard2.php?var=view&code=ss_notice_eng&number=28>

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
anchorman

I am no expert but I would suggest you need an "actual" string length of between 56" and 57" for that bow. If the string you use is touching the limbs past the string groves and laying on the "flat" part of the limb in my mind it would probably be too long. Hope that helps...

anchorman

Hi Brian
As I said in the request the string is not in the grooves at all so I made a longer string than supplied. The string supplied was for a 60" bow.
Cheers
Anchorman

anchorman

Hi Brian
Supplied string 55" loop-loop gives 8" brace height , shoots quietly but string not in groove at all
Made string 56.5" gives 7" brace height , sits in groove perfectly but sounds dreadful and poor string tension
Cheers
Anchorman

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Hi Brian
Supplied string 55" loop-loop gives 8" brace height , shoots quietly but string not in groove at all
Made string 56.5" gives 7" brace height , sits in groove perfectly but sounds dreadful and poor string tension
Cheers
Anchorman
Hi Anchorman

First off, I see you are new to the forum, welcome :) Your user profile gives no clues to where you shoot etc. but that's OK. I only mention this because if you are near a local archery club you may be able to get some hands on advice from a coach or knowledgeable member.

I am not sure what you mean by "poor string tension"? Dreadful sound?

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Anchorman

FWIW by your description the 56.5" string you have sounds about right. Most important to experiment with adding/subtracting twists in the string to get "good arrow flight" and good arrow grouping. This usually coincides with a less noisy bow also. The manufacturers recommended brace height (if you can find out what it is) will just be a range of about 3/4"-1" ie. 7"-8" or something like that. It's only a starting point.

Most of my bows shoot best when the string lays in the grove but a little bit of the grove is visible where the string meets the limbs. Noisy? Unless there is something seriously wrong with the bow you may just have to live with it or put some string silencers on it.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.