Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Discuss First attempt at half a dozen wood arrows at the Arrow Making within Archery Interchange Forums; I do love the way marketing departments don't check for double meanings in foreign languages. ...
    Thanks
    I do love the way marketing departments don't check for double meanings in foreign languages.

But they are great arrows and I hope they go well for you.

Best,
    Backinblack

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to backinblack For This Useful Post:

aracharspen (08-09-17), eedubberlshan (16-09-17), jonUK76 (14-10-16), rmonclermc10071 (16-10-16)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nCognitos View Post
    Good job and nice looking arrows. I was toying with making a set for my new flatbow but would up ordering them from The Fletcher. To be honest, I wouldn't know where to start with wooden arrows and watching a couple of You Tube videos made me realise it would be cheaper and less frustrating to order them. Maybe one day though......
    Certainly easier to buy ready made but I'm not sure about cheaper. I paid 15 for 12 shafts, and I think about another 10-15 for the nocks, points and feathers. When I was looking I think quality arrows were about double that (and upwards) for a dozen. I already had a fletching jig, which is something you'd need but apart from that it's just basic tools (saw, sandpaper, oh and a 4 taper tool) and a lot of patience sanding and waiting for the oil finish to dry between coats

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonUK76 For This Useful Post:

aracharspen (08-09-17), eedubberlshan (16-09-17), oshotkosktere (09-09-17), rmonclermc10071 (16-10-16)

In the White
    Thanks
    You are right, of course.

I costed it up at 45 for materials, then I'd have to buy a taper tool and fletching jig, so paying 85 for a dozen arrows made to my spec, stained and varnished didn't seem so much.

Anyway, well done and maybe one day I will be doing the same

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nCognitos For This Useful Post:

aracharspen (08-09-17), eedubberlshan (16-09-17), oshotkosktere (09-09-17), rmonclermc10071 (16-10-16)

In the Blue
    Thanks
    an advantage to having your own arrow making stuff when usine woodies is that you can fiddle around with the odd ones when you break enough from your set to render them unusable for AGB comps. I have 4 arrows that fly really well at distance so i use them for BLBS clout. I have a lot of others with differing spining, fletches, piles etc that I use for roving clout or shooting at the marks, where again you only need 3 at a time but risk losing or breaking them.
    If I was sensible I would keep them all togehter and try matching them up and recycling them at sets again but when you buy components by the dozen you dont think to yourself, I will make a set of 11 and use the odd one to match in with these 5 lurking at the back of the garage. I can make a set of a dozen for a little over 3 eachand at that price you do become less precious over them so if someone breaks one by pulling it from the boss badly you can say never mind rather than storm off in a huff as people who have had a footed arrow that costs them 15 a pop tend to.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little-else For This Useful Post:

aracharspen (08-09-17), eedubberlshan (16-09-17), oshotkosktere (09-09-17), rmonclermc10071 (23-09-17)

In the Green
    Thanks
    I have to agree on the cost.. I've got several "tubes" of wood arrows waiting to be built with feathers and points and bone knocks.. Each tube cost about 50 to 60..

Shame you didn't go for the bone knocks though, they really finish the arrow and make it look extra hand crafted!
    http://bit.ly/2x5wD5h - Archery Kit

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deadb0y For This Useful Post:

aracharspen (08-09-17), eedubberlshan (16-09-17), oshotkosktere (09-09-17), rmonclermc10071 (23-09-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12