Glue, pins and dunce ness

C

Compound10

so I thought I was good at making arrows.....

but tonight tried to hot melt in triple pins into triple shafts. SO the experience I had was less than ideal - it appears the pin going into the shaft has wiped off all the hot melt so the pin will rotate in shaft.

Tips please... :gloomy:

buzz lite beer

Heat end of hot melt stick, dab molten glue on end of the shaft it should leave a "doughnut" of glue around the rim of the shaft, heat the pin and push into the shaft it then takes the glue into the shaft.

buzz lite beer

Well actually it was Mrs B.E who showed me, but I had previously read it from the instructions on a set of Easton pins and/or points don't usually do it with points unless they are made of tungsten and worth a little more security, but the pins definatly need this method to get a good hold :meditate:

Martin Heelis

Ironman
Heat end of hot melt stick, dab molten glue on end of the shaft it should leave a "doughnut" of glue around the rim of the shaft, heat the pin and push into the shaft it then takes the glue into the shaft.
+1

Now that IS timing! I have a couple of SkyArt pins I need to glue back in after removing the nocks.

Martin