Lining up kurly vanes

Zef

After drawing lines onto the arrow shaft where do you line up the double sided tape? I'm guessing to the right of the line (for right handed vanes) but wanted to check before I did it as the pictures on the instructions aren't particularly clear for this step.

Rhys

AIUK Saviour
You do know you can text/ask me questions you know :) As long as the vanes are at 120 degrees you'll be fine, make sure to cut the top and tail tape down to a suitable length and be very careful with it. Dont put them back in an arrow tube after fletching a whole load as they'll stick. When are we shooting next I'll do a couple if you have trouble?

Zef

I was expecting someone to reply in minutes but everyone must have been at a disco or something.

We have the hall on Friday, I was going to do one or two and shoot them to see how they do rather than all of them. Is the tape only supposed to go round once or something? It's long enough to go around twice. The double sided tape is too long though.

pmiddl

You do realise that sticking the tape on the right hand side of the lines will be EXACTLY THE SAME as sticking it on the left hand side of the lines??? If the tape is too long, grab a pair of scissors and give it a bit of a trim!

Rhys

AIUK Saviour
You'll have to check the alignment on all the nocks afterwards anyway

its my party and

Ironman
Bit of a bummer if you have spent time nock tuning though! Depending upon your fletching jig and starting position. I have a cartel and it works out if you place the tape to the right of the line looking from the back of the arrow. But I would say try it and see on the first one. Mind you you probably havnt waited this long either!:raspberry

Zef

Bit of a bummer if you have spent time nock tuning though! Depending upon your fletching jig and starting position. I have a cartel and it works out if you place the tape to the right of the line looking from the back of the arrow. But I would say try it and see on the first one. Mind you you probably havnt waited this long either!:raspberry
I have actually, I was about to start this afternoon. And I haven't gotten to the stage where I even want to consider nock tuning, the most I have done to nocks is either replacing knackered ones or giving them a little twist to get more clearance.