New Set Of EWBS Arrows

WillS

Thought I'd stick these here as I just finished a sheaf of warbow arrows.

6 Livery Arrows - 31.5" Poplar shaft, tapered from 1/2" to 3/8" with buffalo horn inserts and fletched with 7 3/8" turkey, whipped with red silk. Tudor Bodkin heads hand forged for me by a guy in Slovakia.

2 Standards - 32" Ash shafts parallel 3/8" with horn inserts, 6" fletchings. Type 16 heads made by Hector Cole

And loads of 32" Standards with Type 10 Bodkins made by the guy in Slovakia and some nice cheap Type 7s by a UK guy

WillS

They were from Tom at the Archery Centre, sadly they've closed down now so won't be any more coming from them! If you want the contact details of the Slovakian guy who custom made my others let me know and I'll PM you details. He's pretty cheap, and incredibly skilled!

WillS

I absolutely would, if I didn't live in a maisonette! Neighbours already hate me for splitting yew in my hallway, I think the sound of a forge would tip them over the edge...!

D

Deleted member 7654

Nice arrows... I still dunno how anyone has the patience to bind 'em on with thread.
Del

WillS

Only takes 5 min per shaft. An entire arrow takes around 45 min, from fitting each head, horn insert and fletching, to sealing the bindings. Not including the 4 coats of Danish Oil. Once you get a production line going it flies past!