Brownell Serving Materials....

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Just made a new 8125 string. However, I have cracked open my new spools of Diamond back (0.022) & Brownell No4 soft twist serving threads. I have to say I'm impressed!!!

Compared to the last lot of BCY 62xs and 350 threads, I found the Brownell stuff nicer to use. I found that it wrapped very nicely which results in a much more pleasing result. The Diamond back in particular resulted in a VERY smooth looking centre serving.

All in I'm very impressed, but not shot the string yet, but looks good so far.

lbp121

I've only ever used No 4 for recurve loop servings and never a problem. I only use 350 for tying nocks as it breaks too easily for anything else.

EVC

I serve my own strings with 62XS. However the strings I make for the club members are served with DB. Though I find DB fine, it feels a rougher than 62XS which feel I like better.

Big.Dave

I've used No4 on all my end loops and never had a problem with it. It just works.

diamond back I've never used as a centre serving how does it wear? I currently use angel majesty and it just polishes up as it wears.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
diamond back I've never used as a centre serving how does it wear?
So far I've only shot it on my trad setup, with self nocked woodies. There is some clear wear after only 2/3 days shooting. However, the inside of the self nocks were not the best which won't help things.

I'll need to make a new recurve string to see how it holds up to plastic nocks. I'll update accordingly.