Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Discuss tips for a new string at the String Making within Archery Interchange Forums; tomorrow i will take some picture on my and my girl string just to see ...
    In the Black AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    tomorrow i will take some picture on my and my girl string just to see how looks

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dvd8n View Post
    I have heard that if you have insufficient twists in your string then the strands can separate when you loose and the string behave like a parachute, robbing you of a little speed. I've seen no evidence though, so it could be an urban myth.
    I think that's where the minimum of 12 twists comes from, so your string is round and doesn't "balloon".
    I've experimented with having the least amount of twists so the string doesn't act like a spring. I found it very hard to get a good AND quiet tune from it. Made a string a tad longer with more twists and the noise problem became less of an issue.

Thanks
    My string (72") with 30/40 twist, you can see also how look serving, really solid

WP_20170419_17_55_28_Pro.jpg

My girl string (66") with 20 twist

WP_20170419_18_59_28_Pro.jpg

Thanks
    The importance depends on the string material also. If you put to many twists in Angel Majesty it starts to shoot weird - at least I've had problems with it. With most dyneema type strings (8125, FF+, ASB etc ) it really doesn't make a huge difference unless the string starts to knot up. But I have to say that I think the second string in the picture does not have enough twists. I doubt it's going to separate but you're pulling it in to your face - if it has a profile like that it is more likely to damage your face :-) I've shot up near the 60 twist end on a 72" bow string and would always rather be at then end than the sub 20 end.

Might be worth doing the Majesty trick - wrap some paracord around it, pull tight and rub up and down - it may cause the string to round up (make sure there is a decent amount of wax on the string cause the cord will remove most of it). Works beautifully with Majesty and your string drops about 20% in diameter. So if you like that brace height you need an extra 1/4" or so on the string length.

YMMV

Stretch

Thanks

Please visit our sponsors and help keep AIUK online!

Nice!
    Next week i will put some extra twist on her string for a try, actually is in the middle of the brace range recommend from hoyt for her bow, gmx+short between 8" 1/4 and 8" 3/4.
    This Sunday we have our club competition and we dont want to change it so close to this event.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123