252's

floydfanian

Ironman
Gave my new bow a run out on Sunday, did the 252 at 20yds with another new member both passed.

i know it's not much but we were both happy :poulies:

DaveJW

Well Done!
I tried a 252 this morning at 40yd's, for the first time and just missed it with 248...!

Bearing in mind I have only been shooting since end of May.

Try again tomorrow..!!

Dave

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
i know it's not much but we were both happy
I've seen a few archers who take quite some time to get 252 at 20y.Heehee. It's a starting point and you are enjoying your archery. With enjoyment, you can go in all sorts of directions. Without it, you could be looking at a different sport/pastime.

floydfanian

Ironman
Unlucky Dave so close!! Thanks Geoff, loving it and plan to enter competitions which i know I'll be last but I'll enjoy them.....as long as i wear the right clothes!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Unlucky Dave so close!! Thanks Geoff, loving it and plan to enter competitions which i know I'll be last but I'll enjoy them.....as long as i wear the right clothes!!!

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
well done, dont knock the achievement. As said above many people who should do it with their eyes shut actually get it all wrong on the day when doing it as a stand alone standard. I was doing a 252 barebow ay 30 yds this morning ( thought it would be a good idea to do as many distances as I can with all types of bow), should have been comfortably achievable but I have just put new limbs on my bow and managed to score 16 with the first half dozen arrows so left me a mountain to climb. Just got it but anyone looking at the end score would'nt know how hard the next 30 arrows would be in a howling gale and rain to boot with that pressure to succeed.
A word of advice though, it can get obsessive trying to get the next one and the next one so make sure that you do other rounds as well

floydfanian

Ironman
Thanks and well done, you did well to recover from the first end.

I'm not usually one to get obsessed and plan to enter competitions when my ArcheryGB number comes through so will be doing different rounds.....badly i guess :pessimist but I'll enjoy it.

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Enjoy it- I like those words. If your club incorporates the 252 badge into the first 3 dozen of other rounds then it not only makes deciding what to do easier it takes a bit of pressure off you as well as the day is not ruined by one incontinent arrow.

Thanks and well done, you did well to recover from the first end.

I'm not usually one to get obsessed and plan to enter competitions when my ArcheryGB number comes through so will be doing different rounds.....badly i guess :pessimist but I'll enjoy it.
e

Easytigers

Advice

We're looking to start the 252 scheme at my club but I'm finding it really difficult to source the badges. Any help would be much appreciated.
Easytigers

Berk

I don't think my club runs a 252 scheme, but I've been doing them as and when. I decided to do the 40yd one on Sunday as I've not been able to get up the field for three weeks and figured it would be a nice short shoot to get back in to it. I actually managed to beat my 30yd score by 2, for a score of 276, points which I'm really happy with.

I like them, they're nice short shoots and give you a good idea of how you're progressing.