Club champs and more!

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
The day started out rainy and blustery. Arrows blowing all over the place, apparently, so the afternoon rounds were delayed a bit. Luckily the sun came out, we all took our shoes off and shot barefoot, but still had to battle the windy conditions (a few targets blew over, but thankfully backwards, so no arrows were damaged). I got ANOTHER sunburn, but not as bad as SoSo and I WAS wearing suncream.

I was going quite well, beating Porly for more than half the short national round, but at the distance change, my migraine reared its ugly head and I completely lost it. Luckily I regained my mojo enough to shoot a couple of good ends. Porly beat me with a couple of sweet ends.

Nevertheless, I shot far and away better than the other women in my round. I got a 355, a PB and a third class score. Plus, I'll get a medal for winning. Wow! Quite proud of that as it was my first proper round shot with my club. I can squeeze in a few more rounds before the end of the outdoor season, so a chance to get classified!!

:D

Last edited:

MrT

That's great stuff, Clicki, especially in bad conditions - well done!! :applause:

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
DMU_AC said:
(ps shooting barefoot is against gnas rules :p)
Shhhh, I know!

But so were all the different colours of green. I can't believe I made such a fuss. Every green and a lot of NOT green.

PorlyP

Nice job, Leigh!

And yes, I was very worried when you were kicking my a*se @50 yards!

At least I only had 3 misses all day, the scores'll come (I hope).

Congrats on vanquishing all beginner ladies!

We shall take over the club! :devil:

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Yeah, but you rocked, Paul!! You kept it in the custard when it all fell apart for me. You will be smokin' when you get your bow and leave me in the dust!!

PorlyP

cheers, I knew I could handle 40 better than 50 with my trusty trainer, I was hoping for 80 point dozens, and ended up on 156, so was close.

You did way better than me @ 50 though!!

As long as I can get to your equivalent level for gents scores, I'll be happy, but I'm gonna set my sights higher to start with! Have already got my eye on the classification score on sunday! I'll be relying on my 40 scores to pull me in, but I reckon 320 @ 40'll get me a 3rd class overall for the short western.

Gonna drill 50 yards on wednesday, just dozen after dozen.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
You know we can shoot a proper round on Wednesday and submit our scores for classification! So let's shoot a round!