Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do i get a badge?

In the White
    Thanks

Do i get a badge?

Just achieved third class after my first 6 months of shooting, very proud and pleased to be doing reasonably well. Our club records officer has all my score sheets and has confirmed the ranking. Question is do I get a shiny badge, I've seen others bristling with badges on hats etc and would like to get a record of my achievement if possible. There doesn't seem to be one forthcoming from the club, bit shy to ask to be honest, do I buy one myself, and where? All new to me, not sure of the etiquette yet?

In the White
    Thanks
    Yes you should get a badge, normally given by your records officer, however our club award badges at the AGM, you never know you may make 2nd class before then.

In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Classification badges are up to the club to manage, (buy and) distribute.
    You can buy your own. Many retailers stock them. AGB (as far as I know) do not

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Some clubs participate, be prepared to do a quick web search to purchase your own if necessary.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Thanks
    We issue badges to our juniors but our seniors buy their own if they are so inclined, some like badges (me) others aren't bothered.

You can pick them up from pretty much any archery shop or the well known Internet auction site.

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

Soaring I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. TJ Mason's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Our club does the same as Corax67's - we keep a stock of classification badges which are provided free of charge to juniors, but seniors are expected to buy their own from an archery retailer. Most shops will have some badges, or you can buy them online from Quick's.
    "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
    Club: Phoenix Bowmen, Halifax, County: Yorkshire

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast