First Class

MrT

They say nobody is interested in your scores but yourself, but I'm going to tell you anyway ;-)

I managed to shoot my second 1st class score this year - one more to go!

It was also a PB, so I was doubly pleased - 448 for the Long National - not great, but improving :)

OK, that's it, I'll get back to re-fletching some arrows now...

Kev

tel

Fonz Awardee
Well done MrT - Just done the same myself, though the best was 447!

Now struggling with the 100 yd and a New National - a bit of a stretch at the moment, but BM before we go back indoors would make my year!

Be sure to let us know when score no.3 is in the bag,

Regards

Terry

MrT

Thanks tel :)

It's amazing how much difference that extra 20 yards makes, isn't it? I can reach 100yds with no problem, but actually getting all six on for a reasonable score is another matter! As for BM - I only dream of that atm, there seems to be a big leap between 1st class and bowman scores!

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
That is quite spectacular :)

Furface

Supporter
MrT - 2/8/2005 10:32 AM

There seems to be a big leap between 1st class and bowman scores!
So it gets harder? Edads! I have been struggling to get a single first class score for yonks! One of my most humiliating experiences, though, was regaining "Best Score by a Third Class Archer" at the County Champs after 4 years (I did go up, but was reclassified down after a year's really poor scores).
I think we don't see enough of congratulations for this sort of achievement. "First Class" puts you in the top half. So well done and good luck with the next step.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Well done MrT, I know exactly how you feel as I have managed to shoot 3 x 1st class scores this week and after 4 months shooting I know there is still much improvement to come!!

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Hi,

I also had my first first class this week- 427! Maybe we should all form a sub group :)
Feeling really pleased with myself- good luck to everyone else- hope you all get it!

Pete

tel

Fonz Awardee
Well done Pete - must be something in the air (arrows I guess!) :)

Tel

MrT

Thanks to Clickerati for the cakes (went down really well with my tea) and to everyone else for their congratulations.

My shooting has improved in some measure due to the folks in these forums - it was after a discussion about using a clicker that I decided to shorten my arrows and try using the clicker - and at last I seem to have "moved up a gear" and started shooting 1st Class scores - so thanks all round and do share the cakes out :)

regards,

Kev

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Pete_T - 8/8/2005 10:30 PM </p>

428 tonight and with www.doughdough.com beckoning there is some tension in the air near Adel...
</p>

Why fight doughdough.com? You know it's a losing battle. The better you do, the more cake you deserve!! ;)</p>

MrT

Just an update on my Quest... ;-)

I decided to have a go at the New National round today, (4x100/2x80yds), and conditions were "interesting" (the wind was gusting crosswind) but I managed to stay focused, and ended up shooting 361, which is a 1st Class! (315 req'd)

Now I've shot 4 x 1st class scores and I want my BADGE! ;-)

Kev

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I know what you mean MrT, looks like i'll have to buy my own badge. TJ did present me with my 'fonz award' sticker today though!!!!

MrT

Lol, I think I can live without a Fonze award ;-)

As regards the badge, I don't know about your Club, but ours awards badges when you make the relevant qualifying classification scores - but so far mine has failed to materialise - maybe they are winding me up ;-)

regards,

Kev