First FITA...

robbo

after a 4am start, then an hours thunder storm I finally got to shoot my first FITA today.

managed to get 1040 in total with the long metric being 485 which is about my average (just can't seem to get that 500) then a 555 for the short metric, again about my average.

I'm very pleased with the result and gaining my first FITA star at the first attempt is something i was aiming for.

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Well Done Dave, we were all thinking of you today and pestering Jo for updates :beer: :beer: :beer:

numpty

Weldone dave. Glad the early start didnt impede your scoring. :cake: :cupcake: :beer: :burp:

Flying Whale

after a 4am start, then an hours thunder storm I finally got to shoot my first FITA today.

managed to get 1040 in total with the long metric being 485 which is about my average (just can't seem to get that 500) then a 555 for the short metric, again about my average.

I'm very pleased with the result and gaining my first FITA star at the first attempt is something i was aiming for.
Congratulations on the score and star:beer: .

That thunderstorm was quite something wasn't it.....? Which target were you on?

Don't know what happened to me on Sunday, other than shooting like a dawk. Just as well I managed to sneak my 1000 star on Saturday.

It was a high price to pay though by all accounts, missing out on the Preston festivities.....Oh, well next year.

robbo

That thunderstorm was quite something wasn't it.....? Which target were you on?
it certainly was, didn't think it was ever gonna end. You weren't in that tent that was almost floating down the field were you?

i was on target 44, how about you?

Flying Whale

it certainly was, didn't think it was ever gonna end. You weren't in that tent that was almost floating down the field were you?

i was on target 44, how about you?
I was down on 30 with Grant and Neil Dowsett.

I was sheltering in the large and fairly noisy tent with all the flags draped off the fishing rods. Not that I knew anyone in there before the day, but it seemed preferable to cowering in my little Poppa-bivvy.

Flying Whale

that'll be Tom Firth's tent you were in, you can spot it a mile off :cheerful:
I heard him called Tom. That was enough for me. There was some pretty colourful language flying around, but most of the jokes over the weekend were monotone....blue!