Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree11Likes
Discuss First tournament - how did you do? at the Club & Personal Achievements within Archery Interchange Forums; I'd get some more coaching if I was you while you're still relatively new If ...
    I'd get some more coaching if I was you while you're still relatively new

If you're using a wrist trigger style release, have someone teach you how to activate it so you're smoothly pulling through the shot rather than jumping on the trigger when the pin's on the gold. Personally I recommend starting out with a back tension/hinge release because I think it teaches you good habits in terms of using the right kind of action/muscles and trying to get a surprise release. I now use a thumb release, but I'm very grateful to the archer who recommended a back tension when I started out.

As for your boy, it seems like that was a really big shoot for his first one! I'd see if your club can offer something more of his speed: we do novice tournaments once in a while which lets newbies experience a tournament but at distances they can cope with. 40 yards for an 8 year old after 3 months of shooting isn't something I'd recommend at all. We start with 10 year olds and they'd still be making their way through their distance qualifications - 10, 15, 20 & 25m - 3 months into it. If they were ready for a tournament, an 8-year old here would be shooting 25m max.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Blue AIUK subscriber. Kernowlad's Avatar
    Shirt; Low to mid 30mins on a flat road 10k. However they will be running pretty much daily and weigh a good two stone less than me for a similar height (years of weights and surfing means more muscle bulk).

Urbin; it was a bit much for him TBH but that was apparently the shortest round available. Annoyingly though once there, a girl shot a Bristol V which would have been far more suitable.

I think I'm going to give a back tension release a go ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernowlad View Post

If I ran a 1m10s 10k I'd kill myself.
    Seeing as how you'd have to run at over 300mph you probably would kill yourself. [emoji33]
    Kernowlad likes this.
    This was a Triumph.
    Of luck over skill.

In the Blue AIUK subscriber. Kernowlad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkamai View Post
    Seeing as how you'd have to run at over 300mph you probably would kill yourself. [emoji33]

Serves me right...! A 1 hour and 10 minutes 10k....!
    Mybo Origin
    Member of Bowmen Of Wadebridge
    Archery GB member

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345