First tournament......second place!

LIzardEye

, In the White
A mention for my son - LittleLizardEye.

He's only been shooting for around five weeks but competed in a Junior Open yesterday and came second in his age group.

He was up against six or seven much more experienced archers shooting a Bristol IV which is 3 times as many arrows as he's shot in one go before.

So he's now walking ten foot tall with a lovely shiny medal to show off in school, while I'm hastily trying to catch up!!

Flying Whale

Congratulations to LittleLizardEye. Hope his success and enjoyment continue.

I had a similar experience this weekend. Went to a double York/Bristol. Hoped for an 800 Rose in my first/second York. It was my sons first/second Bristol IV too. First day I missed by 10, be missed by 17. Second day I fell apart, but he got his rose and 3rd place.

God bless our children who keep showing us how to do it... It gives us something to aim for, now if I can only match his bowmen classification...

avalon

Congratulations LLE, that's fab shooting, hope he continues to do well :)... and that you do too, LizardEye

Furface

Supporter
Tis a wonderful - if vicarious - feeling. I shall keep my eyes open for him.Now, does he come up in results sheets under "Eye" or "Lizard"?