CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Discuss First year as a longbow (wo)man at the Club & Personal Achievements within Archery Interchange Forums; I've just about completed my first year with a longbow. I've taken part in my ...
    In the Green
    Thanks

First year as a longbow (wo)man

I've just about completed my first year with a longbow. I've taken part in my club's Frostbite, Armerican, and National competitions. I'm also the only woman shooting longbow at my club. To top if all off I've just learned that I've earned my 1st class badge with the longbow scores. Not bad for a 50+ yo who's only been shooting for 2 years.

I'm shooting a 40lb bow at the moment but am awaiting a phonecall to tell me that my new 50lb bow has arrived in store and is ready to collect.

It's strange but I don't mind hitting green when I shoot longbow (I think two of us are competing for who gets the most greens). At least the ground around and behind our target is well aerated. I'm better in the field shoot with the longbow as well. I think I've found my favourite bow.
    backinblack, Rik and Corax67 like this.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Bravo...
    Now't better than a woman with a bow!
    Del
    Health Warning:- These posts may contain traces of nut.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Duplicate post...
    Health Warning:- These posts may contain traces of nut.

Thanks
    Longbow - proper archery

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigs535 View Post
    I've just about completed my first year with a longbow. I've taken part in my club's Frostbite, Armerican, and National competitions. I'm also the only woman shooting longbow at my club. To top if all off I've just learned that I've earned my 1st class badge with the longbow scores. Not bad for a 50+ yo who's only been shooting for 2 years.

I'm shooting a 40lb bow at the moment but am awaiting a phonecall to tell me that my new 50lb bow has arrived in store and is ready to collect.

It's strange but I don't mind hitting green when I shoot longbow (I think two of us are competing for who gets the most greens). At least the ground around and behind our target is well aerated. I'm better in the field shoot with the longbow as well. I think I've found my favourite bow.
    Aerated! I'm stealing that one for when my 12 and a half dozen sighters excuse runs out.

I've only recently joined the ranks of the longbow, but it's great fun isn't it? Congrats on getting to 1st class. What bow have you gone for for your 50lber?

In the Green
    Thanks
    I've ordered a Bickerstaffe Super Deluxe. It's the same as the 40 but I love the woods in the bow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast