Handicap reduction

jaarus

I cant remember what my first handicap score on the board was but the first i remember was 68.

So I will use that - 68
I am now on 43 - and last weekend I shot a 39hc

So so far this year I have dropped 25 points :cheerful: if I can keep up the 39's (hmmm) then I will have dropped 29hc in my first year...well it will be 6 months actually but its done yearly so... :)

Guys at the club seem chuffed for me so I am guessing thats a pretty rapid reduction :knockout:
Now if I could just scrape 3 Bowman scores in there then I really would have cause for celebration hahahahaha

PorlyP

sweet!

I'm not sure how handicaps work in as much as reducing them, but the amount you've already knocked off is great!

jaarus

Thanks Porly - hopefully unless there is a dark horse in the club I should get the hancap improvement award or whatever its called at my first AGM :)

Furface

Supporter
Thanks Porly - hopefully unless there is a dark horse in the club I should get the hancap improvement award or whatever its called at my first AGM :)
Oh err um, don't want to be a wet blanket, but, if you are referring to the GNAS handicap medal, you have to have had a handicap at the start of the year. And, by reducing so much in your first six months, you are messing up your chances for next year.

On the other hand, give yourself a screamingly hot glow of satisfaction. I think the most i have ever reduced my handicap in a year was by 6.

Flying Whale

Oh err um, don't want to be a wet blanket, but, if you are referring to the GNAS handicap medal, you have to have had a handicap at the start of the year. And, by reducing so much in your first six months, you are messing up your chances for next year.

On the other hand, give yourself a screamingly hot glow of satisfaction. I think the most i have ever reduced my handicap in a year was by 6.
Glad someone else threw that wet blanket on the fire.

What ever the outcome of the medals etc, you can certainly be proud of what you have achieved.

jaarus

Damn, Damn and thrice Damn.
Oh well guess its time to buy my own medal to put in a non existant medal cabinet then!

Or.... first 3 or so shoots in the new year I will score incredibly badly and complain a lot about my equipment to add to the realism wait until I have a handicap of about 60-70 - then POW! rank up some decent scores (unless I have forgotten how to shoot in which case I will just cry :( )
I want a medal - I am shallow I accept that....but I want a medal :(

whisky

Supporter
Supporter
Damn, Damn and thrice Damn.
Oh well guess its time to buy my own medal to put in a non existant medal cabinet then!

Or.... first 3 or so shoots in the new year I will score incredibly badly and complain a lot about my equipment to add to the realism wait until I have a handicap of about 60-70 - then POW! rank up some decent scores (unless I have forgotten how to shoot in which case I will just cry :( )
I want a medal - I am shallow I accept that....but I want a medal :(
LOL
If only it were that simple :cheerful:
If I recall correctly your new handicap for the start of the outdoor season will be the average of your 3 best from the previous year so your plan might need some rethinking :boggled: :boggled:

Flying Whale

LOL
If only it were that simple :cheerful:
If I recall correctly your new handicap for the start of the outdoor season will be the average of your 3 best from the previous year so your plan might need some rethinking :boggled: :boggled:
Absolutely that man! Well remembered.

Unfortunately you will have to spend a whole year of shooting 70+ HCaps, and then the following year.... (as long as you can still shoot properly!)

Better still Jaarus, just bask in the glory of what a great archery dude you have become in such a short time :cake3:

MrM

Handicap Improvement Medal

Also, don't forget that the rules state "The medal must be worn at all Club target days at which (he/she) is present. It is left to each club to impose any penalty in this connection." So be warned those who get it this year!

jaarus

why thank you - I will print it out and pin it to my jumper.

They will never know the difference!