Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discuss Help me secure the range tight. at the Club & Personal Achievements within Archery Interchange Forums; Hi, We are upgrading the security at the shooting range. We need to improve the ...
    In the Green
    Thanks

Help me secure the range tight.

Hi,

We are upgrading the security at the shooting range. We need to improve the security of our office door and the entrance. I am thinking about using the high-security locks. I would like to get your suggestions on the best lock for the range.

Here is a list of high-security lock manufacturers that I found online. High Security Locks Toronto | Door On The Go Can you recommend me the better brand and the lock?

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie655 For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (07-04-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X AIUK subscriber. Whitehart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Welcome - if somebody wants to get in, no lock, alarm or video surveillance is going to stop them. Make sure you are insured and fit approved locks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitehart For This Useful Post:

In the Red
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie655 View Post
    Hi,

We are upgrading the security at the shooting range. We need to improve the security of our office door and the entrance. I am thinking about using the high-security locks. I would like to get your suggestions on the best lock for the range.

Here is a list of high-security lock manufacturers that I found online. High Security Locks Toronto | Door On The Go Can you recommend me the better brand and the lock?

Thanks.
    Depends on the standard of your doors, rather than the locks.
    Steel Doors Suppliers East Yorkshire UK Custom Made Security Fire Doors

I've just seen your other post that says you're in Canada.
    Perhaps if you add that to your profile, it'd help in providing you with geographically scoped info
    Last edited by ben tarrow; 31-03-17 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Location

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ben tarrow For This Useful Post:

In the White
    Thanks
    bramah locks are some of the best locks available and they are a UK company, my advice would also be that the door is fine but the most vulnerable points are the hinges so get hinge bolts, two locks one at top and one at bottom would be better than one single higher strength lock.

my advice would also be to look at roof and walls, we have had at theft from a club I am a member at and they came in through the roof, despite being lined on the inside we had not taken into account the fact that it was not difficult to break and lever up the roof panel and kick the inside lining in, the expensive stuff was in locked security cabinets but they did 1000 of damage just getting in!!!

In the end we spend 600 on an alarm with a 134 decibel speaker that is loud enough to cause physical pain and it is impossible even with ear defenders to be in the same room, and a cheap smoke curtain its enough to deter the most determined and way cheaper than trying to do the whole roof.

Its all about trying to persuade them to go elsewhere are you are too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie655 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks.

Thanks
    Better check with your insurance company and local PD on advice about this. Also contact local locksmith, getting keys duplicated or getting in when locked out are options you may need in the future. Consider how many users there are and what the change rate is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomVis For This Useful Post:

It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Please visit our sponsors and help keep AIUK online!

Think you need one of these...

Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast