New PB for York

bluebow

Shot a new PB at Bronte Spring Weekend. 1056 - up 16 points from my previous. :hyper:

Had a cracking 100yds - 528 and then had waterproof clearance problems :melodrama during part of the 60yds which cost me points, so just missed out on my first MB score. Shame, but a great start for the first outdoor tournament of this season.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Good score.
What was the 60 yards (just so we know how much to commiserate with you, of course :))?

You're going to find those extra few points from somewhere soon, I would guess...

nfinite

Ironman
no where else but up , now R S

superb score.

Think you deserve a drink from me tommorow.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

bluebow

Rik said:
Good score.
What was the 60 yards (just so we know how much to commiserate with you, of course :))?
Need to check my scorepad, but was around 178. A good 20 down on what I've shot in the past.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
bluebow said:
Need to check my scorepad, but was around 178. A good 20 down on what I've shot in the past.
Ouch! That is worth commiserations. Sounds about 30 points down on where it ought to be for that sort of score... Still, I guess it means you've still got plenty of headroom for a new PB...

bluebow

Rik said:
Sounds about 30 points down on where it ought to be for that sort of score... Still, I guess it means you've still got plenty of headroom for a new PB...
Absolutely, I know it's there for the taking.

Max

Nice one RS! Not exactly a weekend where it was gong to be easy to beat your PB, but it goes to show that difficult conditions are just something that good archers learn to deal with. Thanks to everyone at Bronte for a great weekend shooting.

D

Deleted member 74

Good shooting indeed! 1100 should be on the cards soon enough!
Good luck with breaking Lez's Yorkshire record on a York - I'm not sure how long it's stood but it's been far too long! With 100y like yesterday, you'll be there in no time!

AH0RSEY

bluebow said:
Shot a new PB at Bronte Spring Weekend. 1056 - up 16 points from my previous. :hyper:

Had a cracking 100yds - 528 and then had waterproof clearance problems :melodrama during part of the 60yds which cost me points, so just missed out on my first MB score. Shame, but a great start for the first outdoor tournament of this season.
Lets blame the weather, as I had a 1046 Sunday ( PB and my first comp and York, so well pleased )....I too had a better 100y than in practice, not as high as 528, was down around the 508 mark, but really picked up on my previous 80y scores.....then the rain came....60y was :thumbsdow.

But still a PB and a very nice way to spend the day.

Last edited:

bluebow

AH0RSEY said:
Lets blame the weather
I refuse to blame the weather. I've shot well in (heavier) rain before with the same waterproof last season. But I've changed my shot alignment and should have checked clearance with waterproofs. I know where the problem is, so I can correct it.