New Portsmouth pb.

SLOWHAND

Just shot a 594 Porstmouth with my new Helix/G3's in a postal league comp. The realy pleasing thing is that I was full of cold and feeling well under par so there might be more to come. The other thing was that I've only had the riser and limbs for a couple of weeks - I thought it would take a couple of months at least to get used to the new kit.

D

Deleted member 74

That's great shooting, Dave! Nice work!
If only I could manage to pull something out and get back into practice. I shot a 568 this evening! :(

LineCutter

SLOWHAND said:
Just shot a 594 Porstmouth with my new Helix/G3's in a postal league comp.
I'm very envious! For those of us not quite at that level yet, how long have you been shooting? (Or alternatively, how long will I have to wait to get that good? ;))

SLOWHAND

LineCutter said:
I'm very envious! For those of us not quite at that level yet, how long have you been shooting? (Or alternatively, how long will I have to wait to get that good? ;))
Did my training course almost exactly three years ago this week. Hate to say it but I'd just turned fifty at the time. Me and my lad (who has asthma) were looking for a new sport that wasn't too physical and we stumbled on to archery purely by chance. I shot target rifle for many years so I had a bit of head start but we both took to it like the proverbial Ducks to water. My son is the county champ, I am the NCAS indoor,outdoor, and field champ, made MB for the last two years and I am currently ranked 15th in the country. I have four county records and two European Masters records and I am presently waiting to hear if I have been selected for the England squad for the Indoor champs. Archery has completely taken over our lives,shooting four or five times a week and attending tournaments all over the country and we have loved every minute of it, my one big regret is that I didn't take it up thirty years ago!

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
From zero to 594 portsmouth in 3 years is amazing progress... zero to MB in two is outstanding! Must be a "natural" Dave :) :thumbsup:

LineCutter

Very impressive! IIRC my year 2 Portsmouths were somewhere in the 530s. (Year 3 of shooting comes about 10 years after that)

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I just need to find another 44 points to catch up (but I'm still happy with my 550 in my 1st indoor season)

D

Deleted member 74

Little Miss Purple said:
I just need to find another 44 points to catch up (but I'm still happy with my 550 in my 1st indoor season)
And so you should be - a 550 in your first season is a rare feat! I've only known three people to do it, and SLOWHAND is one of them (I'm another, and a novice from York Uni is the third).
I'd like to think that I would have beaten you, Dave, had I been able to make the NCAS indoors and been able to shoot more than once in the prior month and a half before the NCAS outdoors... but I'm pleased you are shooting so well - I've got plenty of years to catch up! ;) :duck:

Field Archer

Well done Slowhand,I think the UK national record still stands at 594.
grantwomack said:
And so you should be - a 550 in your first season is a rare feat! I've only known three people to do it, and SLOWHAND is one of them (I'm another, and a novice from York Uni is the third).
Can I add a fourth to that, I made 564 in my first year :eye-poppi.

tel

Fonz Awardee
Field Archer said:
Well done Slowhand,I think the UK national record still stands at 594.
Can I add a fourth to that, I made 564 in my first year :eye-poppi.
and a fifth! ;)

Am I right in thinking the recurve record is higher than compound?

numpty

Welldone to you all Esp. Slowhand. I got 538 this year that was 1st day indoors this year and then I lost it. I dont know what I lost. But I lost it. I know now it was a Fluke. :cake: for Slowhand

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Tel: Yep, and the unlimited compund Fita 18 record is higher than the unlimited compound Portsmouth record (only by 1 point)

Records are on the GNAS site, but I'm not sure how up-to-date they are.

Don't worry Numpty. My 3rd ever Portsmouth score was a 534 and I then went into major freefall :) Stlil, I got it back. Eventually :D

Last edited:

tel

Fonz Awardee
indybutts said:
Make that six........584 in my first season, after 10 months actually lol
I was wondering if you might show up in this thread!;)
Going for the record within year 1?

Last edited:

currie1014

SLOWHAND said:
Just shot a 594 Porstmouth with my new Helix/G3's in a postal league comp. The realy pleasing thing is that I was full of cold and feeling well under par so there might be more to come. The other thing was that I've only had the riser and limbs for a couple of weeks - I thought it would take a couple of months at least to get used to the new kit.
excellent shooting well done. Maybe the cold helped as you may have been thinking that I would not shoot well due to this. but well done great score