Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Discuss Proper outdoors shooting at the Club & Personal Achievements within Archery Interchange Forums; We've been shooting outside for a little while now and scored a Long Warwick last ...
    In the Blue AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks

Proper outdoors shooting

We've been shooting outside for a little while now and scored a Long Warwick last week but with heavy aluminium arrows, 80 yards involved aiming very high and slightly guessing. Only one miss but still pretty vague.

So got some ACGs and immediately felt far better; still had at least two ends per distance (Long National) of sighting in as it was totally different with the new arrows but now 80 yards was well within sight range.

So was well chuffed to get three 9s and three 7s at 80 yards and four 9s and two 7s at 60 yards.

Ended up with 440 which should improve a lot more now I know what sight marks to use!

That and a 543 on an indoor Portsmouth and things are going the right way.

At some stage a longer bow and a more precise release will probably help but for now, pretty pleased.

My son (8) is also doing really well and got a decent score on a junior short Warwick.
    Mybo Origin
    Member of Bowmen Of Wadebridge
    Archery GB member

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Sounds like proper outdoors shooting to me. What is the reason for wanting a longer bow?
    Kernowlad likes this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to geoffretired For This Useful Post:

dgmultimedia (21-05-17)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    Sounds like proper outdoors shooting to me. What is the reason for wanting a longer bow?
    Mine is quite short (28" ATA) and so quite unstable; I can feel the wobble as I aim. Plus it's probably a cliche but that "back wall" is quite spongey.
    It could well be Emperors New Clothes syndrome of just wanting more toys (!) but I do think a longer ATA and more positive back wall would help make things more precise and consistent now I know my draw weight and exact draw length. Spending doesn't always solve things (it rarely does!) but in this case the ACGs were money well spent.

I've looked at the Mybo Origin, Hoyt Defiant, various PSEs and even little known "Obsession" bows. TBH I should probably hang on until I hit the one year mark (been 5 months since starting) but we shall see!
    Mybo Origin
    Member of Bowmen Of Wadebridge
    Archery GB member

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Ahhh 28" ....
    One of the things about a slightly soggy back wall, is that you can feel the last stage of the draw increasing the draw length. It's a bit like a recurve archer pulling past the clicker to finish the shot. "Knowing" it is happening is not the same as thinking it is.
    It is possible to watch some compounders reaching full draw on the stops then just before the release the cams roll forwards as they let off tension and creep forwards. They think they are still on the stops but they are not. If there is movement happening at that stage it is possible to know you are increasing the draw length ... takes out the guesswork. I know there are pros and cons; it is possible to make some things work in our favour.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowlad View Post
    Mine is quite short (28" ATA) and so quite unstable; I can feel the wobble as I aim. Plus it's probably a cliche but that "back wall" is quite spongey.
    It could well be Emperors New Clothes syndrome of just wanting more toys (!) but I do think a longer ATA and more positive back wall would help make things more precise and consistent now I know my draw weight and exact draw length. Spending doesn't always solve things (it rarely does!) but in this case the ACGs were money well spent.

I've looked at the Mybo Origin, Hoyt Defiant, various PSEs and even little known "Obsession" bows. TBH I should probably hang on until I hit the one year mark (been 5 months since starting) but we shall see!
    Mybo Origin on Ebay at the moment for £470 with zero bids But I bet you've seen it already?
    just point,pull & squeeze the trigger

Thanks
    Nope but will have a look; thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast