Am I being realistic?

Jenny

I'm looking at buying my first lot of archery equipment, and I want to make sure I don't have an unrealistic view of how much I need to spend.

Bearing in mind that I have no equipment at all, I'm looking at spending about ?200. Is this enough to get everything I need? (cause if it isn't I'm gonigt o have to wait a while longer...)

What do you think?

~Jenny~

MrT

It depends if you are looking at new or secondhand, I suppose... If you go for a good secondhand bow (get advice from your coach before buying) then you can get everything for the price you mention. I got a Gold Medallist setup for ?200 when I started, swapped the arrows (which were too short) for some the right length (another archer wanted them for his son) and just bought a tab. This did me for 18 months until I upgraded earlier this year, so yes, it can be done.

regards,

Kev

secbridarchers

Yes you are being realistic. I got my Win&Win Evolution bow, which is an excellent beginners bow with sight, tab, arrows for under ?200. Look on the archery websites, Custom Archery and Leather, or KG Archery are all near enough for you to visit and they do complete set up deals for beginners. Good luck with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shirt

Depends what quality of kit you're looking for. I usually reckon on about 300-350. (Assuming it's all bought new, anyway)

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I got my first set up from custom leather and archery, it was a samick agulla with all the trims and if my memory serves me correctly it cost ?210. The added bonus being of course that either Les or Neil take the time to set the bow up specially for you and let you try it out - they don't try to sell you anything you don't want or encourage you to buy dear!!

And don't forget the free coffee and invaluable tips they are sure to part with!!

Jenny

oooh, mixed opinions...I suppose I'd better have a wander down to the archery shops and see what they can do :)

~Jenny~