Archery GB survey

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I have just had an email asking if I mind filling in a survey for AGB.
Having had a few phishing emails recently, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has had such an email?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I'd have liked a "none of the above" option in a couple of places - being forced to rank some things seems pretty odd.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Not unless there are hundreds of archers making the same comments and only then if the survey was sent out with that sort of purpose in mind.
It seemed to me that most of the questions were trying to get an overview of the make up of the membership. Age groups, how frequently we shoot and attend competitions.
There was a question asking how the sport could be improved.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Not unless there are hundreds of archers making the same comments and only then if the survey was sent out with that sort of purpose in mind.
It seemed to me that most of the questions were trying to get an overview of the make up of the membership. Age groups, how frequently we shoot and attend competitions.
There was a question asking how the sport could be improved.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I let them have it where I could. The survey is structured in some areas to make it a back-patting exercise for AGB. In others it asks for your opinion - so I gave it. About 1000 words in structured arguments.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
organisational surveys of employees/members often seem vaguely onanistic to me...

I got one, and I ask awkward questions. Mine arrived in my spam folder becasue, i think, it came from a previously unknown source. As a survey, it's very poorly worded.