CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
Discuss AGB taken from Accounts 2016 at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; "Care"; Bimble! I do see the quality of care and bother that has reduced the ...
    In the Gold
    Thanks
    "Care"; Bimble! I do see the quality of care and bother that has reduced the sport to its present straights. The denial runs so deep in the Apologists that they will now blame those who have long called for change by suggesting that it wasn't argued for strongly enough. Interesting that Ben Tarrow suggests a timidity amongst AGB members who attend AGMs. Are they being intimidated or bullied in some way? Is it in that context that we are to make sense of the policies that have brought the sport to where it now is? Are AGB members essentially picking up their point and click machines to somehow compensate for their timorous personalities?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you want change, complaining on an internet forum achieves nothing. There have been what, half a dozen AGM's since you've started complaining that something has to be done about AGB on this forum. How many have you attended to demand answers to your complaints?? How much do you think is going to change by just complaining here??

I know that if I want to do something in my club I go to the AGM. If I can't be bothered my right to then complain about what it decided there is sort of lessened. Because I had that opportunity and chose not to take it.
    Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

In the Gold AIUK subscriber. dvd8n's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bimble View Post
    there is nothing stopping anyone on the forum from going and asking these questions themselves (assuming they're members of AGB), other than they obviously don't care enough for the answers to be bothered...
    Other than time off work, 10 hours driving, and a night in a hotel, no, nothing at all
    Corax67 likes this.
    Where are my dancing penguins? I was promised penguins ............

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    like I said, depends on how much you care for the answers... people do more to go to a shoot...

In the Gold
    Thanks
    And I have replied many times before, Bimble, that I am not complaining but observing. With regard to your questions concerning any efforts that I may have made in the past to bring about change; well if your former Chairman and former CEO did not see fit to keep you informed then that is one prerogative of theirs that I will show some respect for. I call for change because the sport desperately needs it but I have no complaint if the membership of AGB are not responsive, although I might chuckle a bit. The loss of close to 1 million pa in UK Sport funding is not a loss if the membership are not seriously concerned about the growth and development of their sport, (and perhaps that has contributed to why the funding was lost). The loss of credibility as a serious modern and international competitive sport is also not a loss of any substances if the membership are merely a bunch of dilettantes, hobbyist arrow-pingers, (and perhaps that also contributed to why the funding was lost). No, no, no; Bimble. I do not complain. On the contrary.

Seriously, though, Bimble, surely you do not think that archery in the UK as governed by AGB is a matter worthy of serious interest anymore. Why would anyone seek to bring about change now? Can you come up with a business plan for the sport that will put it into a position where there is the opportunity to create and fund a credible performance programme that can compete for Olympic places? Do you not think that they have killed the golden goose with their hubris?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Oh that's hilarious... you've complained that they're institutionally racist, incompetent, should be shut down and reformed, that the rule book should be burnt, that archery is a dying sport in this country, but no, you're not "complaining".... simply making observations! and I thought the current incumbents of the White House barely had a grip on reality!

I could point out that as YOU'RE the one wanting things changed surely you should be the one with a different plan to initiate, but you've been asked this on many occasions after your "observations" and have avoided giving an answer. Every. Single. Time.
    Timid Toad, dvd8n and backinblack like this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast