CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
Discuss AGB taken from Accounts 2016 at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; Yes I have made observations about AGB being institutionally racist. I have also observed that ...
    In the Gold
    Thanks
    Yes I have made observations about AGB being institutionally racist. I have also observed that changes have been needed if the competitive sport of recurve freestyle target archery in the UK were to stand any chance of setting up a credible development programme and of retaining UK Sport funding. The changes have not been made and the funding has been lost. As for a credible development programme, how are things at the PU and the Academies? (If they could ever be called credible). I have also put it on many occasions that a proper National Competition structure is required that is inclusive of all AGB members across the whole of the UK. What you have is the National Series. (That says it all really).

I seriously hope that I have not suggested that any book be burnt. I have not said that archery is a dying sport, - I think NFAS membership is heading in an altogether different direction. I have predicted that if the AGB leadership failed to bring about a cultural change that respected modern sporting ethics and standards then the withdrawal of UK Sport funding would be inevitable. I have predicted that this loss of funding would bring about the end of recurve freestyle target archery within the UK. The loss of this funding will also have undesirable knock on effects to other forms of archery like Longbow and Point -n-Click as well as to Field archery within AGB. I have also predicted that another consequence of the loss of this funding will be significant increases across the next few years of AGB membership fees. (AGB members will have to start paying for improvements to their sport from their own pockets which seems fair enough at any time).

You really do labour under the misperception that I want change. If that were the case then at least it was change for the better and to avoid the outcome that I predicted and which have come to pass. You say that I have not come up with a different plan but you do seem to have a problem with comprehension. I have on many occasions answered this with a simple first step....bury the Green Book. Except recently I did advise that it was no longer necessary to bury the Green Book because the horse had bolted with £4 Million in its saddle bags plus any potential future Olympic cycle awards, (post Tokyo), with it.

I neither need or wish change within AGB. It is doing to itself precisely what I expected. Let us play a game, Bimble. AGB has had one wheel fall off its cart with the loss of the Olympic funding. Which wheel do you think will go adrift next? I have my observation and understanding of things and I have put them out there in the form of predicted consequences. Your turn now. Let us test your comprehension of the sport and the organisation. Which wheel do you think will be the next to fall from the cart? Of course these good several years you have insisted the contrary to me and so I look forward to hearing from you that not only is there not going to be another wheel falling off but that in fact all the wheels are firmly in place where they should be.

As for your comments about the occupants of The White House...the reality is that they are the "incumbents". Neither a complaint or approval, just an observation.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the White
    Thanks

Change to Articles of Association

Does anybody have any idea what the "revisions" are or are we supposed to vote yay or nay without knowing?

Special Business

To receive, and if thought fit, pass the following resolution as a Special Resolution:

To approve the revised Articles of Association in the form produced to the meeting, and initialled by or on behalf of the Chairman for the purpose of identification, in substitution for the existing Articles of Association.

Rik
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina Burton View Post
    Does anybody have any idea what the "revisions" are or are we supposed to vote yay or nay without knowing?
    It's in the booklet - the changes are listed side by side with the current wording iirc.
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

In the White
    Thanks
    Thanks Rik. I notice that there is no mention of putting compulsory membership of region and county to a vote of ALL Archery GB members!
    According to Article 100 this decision must be ratified at an EGM/AGM yet there is no mention of this in the agenda!!
    From Article 100:-
    ..the Board may from time to time add to, amend or alter or repeal with the approval or ratification by the Society in General Meeting any matter prescribed by the Laws set out in the Schedule hereto..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Hippo View Post
    Unlikely that AGB would be a public sector organisation to which FOIA2000 applies.
    They're a Ltd company .. they have to
    Irony's free, sarcasm you pay for

Rik
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yew Selfbow View Post
    They're a Ltd company .. they have to
    Ah, no... Limited companies aren't covered.
    The Act covers any recorded information that is held by a public authority in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and by UK-wide public authorities based in Scotland. Information held by Scottish public authorities is covered by Scotlandís own Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.

Public authorities include government departments, local authorities, the NHS, state schools and police forces. However, the Act does not necessarily cover every organisation that receives public money. For example, it does not cover some charities that receive grants and certain private sector organisations that perform public functions.
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast