Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Discuss Archery shops - excessive postage costs? at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; Only one shop had green and that was 7 postage. So went for black....
    In the Blue AIUK subscriber. Kernowlad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Only one shop had green and that was 7 postage. So went for black.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Green
    Thanks
    Bowsports add vat to items then add vat to total including shipping which is why soooo reluctant to order from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kernowlad likes this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z-head View Post
    Bowsports add vat to items then add vat to total including shipping which is why soooo reluctant to order from them

How annoying. I might need some more ACG arrows and they seem to be the ONLY place that does them individually. 20ish for the arrow, 7 for postage - it's just too much.
    Mybo Origin
    Member of Bowmen Of Wadebridge
    Archery GB member

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z-head View Post

To be fair, Bowsports advertise each item at the price including VAT, and then split it out on the invoice. Postage and packing yes seems high, but I just bought a second hand set of X10's, sent royal mail, and the delivery price was around 8, insurance was included in the standard price, the price was due to the size of the tube they were sent in. A single arrow is going to go in the same size tube, so cant really be sent cheaply....
    The other thing to bare in mind is that a portion of that charge actually pays for the shipping / wrapping materials and the additional cost of people to process and pack the orders...

Thanks
    Well somehow my stand will arrive today with no p&p charge.
    As did all my kids Islabikes, my mower, my strimmer, my compound target boss, my torch, my wife's wetsuit, etc.

The P&P needs to reflect what's being sent; a high minimum charge is very off putting.

I've spent about 2k on kit in the last six months so I am willing to spend but certain charges annoy me and many others.

In the Blue

Thanks
    problem is the shape of the packet being posted, you can post a brick for very little but a long thin stick that weighs sod all costs a fortune because of its maximum dimension. VAT on postage isnt the shop's fault, the govt decided that issue decades ago I try to combine items to keep the postage to a minimum but sometimes that goes wrong so you order a huge thing like a boss and think that a smaller flat item will be dispatched with it by taping the thing to the boss-logical- but no- a bit of paper or some feathers wil be sent separately because, once in the past, someone complained about having to remove the flat envelope containg the paper or feathers from the boss so that store no longer tries to apply economy to their packing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast