Archery on TV

Furface

Supporter
From "UKTV" (Whoever they are!)
"Just thought that you would like to know that there will be some coverage of archery in our programme that premieres Saturday [22/10, I presume] at 1830 on UKTV G2. We've shot a short feature that will be used in the grass roots material in much the same way that Taekwondo featured in episode 1."

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Furface said:
From "UKTV" (Whoever they are!)
"Just thought that you would like to know that there will be some coverage of archery in our programme that premieres Saturday [22/10, I presume] at 1830 on UKTV G2. We've shot a short feature that will be used in the grass roots material in much the same way that Taekwondo featured in episode 1."
UKTV is a cable channel I'll try & video it... You never know it could be big...
'and now archery from the Crucible Theatre Sheffield..'

Who would commentate?

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
It surprises me slightly that if an item has been shot that no-one on this board knows where it was filmed or who's in it....

Pete

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Did anyone blink during the programme? If so you probably missed the "short feature(s)".

It would be nice to see Archery get some decent coverage on TV for a change :bang:

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
yeah, I nearly blinked and missed them. Hell, it's better than nothing, which is what we normally get!! :rolleyes:

Jenny

I guess my idea of flicking to that channel whilst watching something else was never going to work then! :p

~Jenny~

T

TimCroot

I missed this brief showing, however did any one see the Myth buster show about recreating a Robin Hood? some good slow motion film of an arrow in flight.

They were using a compound in a jig to shoot into wooden shafts and failed to split one cleanly. They were using a carbon shaft i believe to do it:scratchch

T

TimCroot

The Myth buster is a sky Discovery program, maybe on freeview as well??? comes from the states! and is presented by two real characters

English Bowman

gunmender said:
I missed this brief showing, however did any one see the Myth buster show about recreating a Robin Hood? some good slow motion film of an arrow in flight.

They were using a compound in a jig to shoot into wooden shafts and failed to split one cleanly. They were using a carbon shaft i believe to do it:scratchch
I saw that, didn't think much of it. Who said that Robin split the arrow from nock to pile anyway?
I did a similar experiment on Brainiac History Abuse a while back, have it on DVD but still trying to get it converted to digital format if people want to see it. Ignore the commentry, I had nothing to do with that and it's cringeworthy!

Daniel

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
UK Guinness world records last night once again aired the footage of the girl shooting a bow with her feet while standing on one hand...

I love to see that clip... makes me wonder how many takes it took :D Just a pity their website doesn't have the clip!

tel

Fonz Awardee
Murray said:
...shooting a bow with her feet while standing on one hand....
Are you serious? I couldn't shoot a bow with my hands while standing on one foot!

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
tel said:
Are you serious?
Very much so. She started off by putting an arrow in the gold, then shooting the ballon on top of a very brave volunteer's head! All while standing on one hand. Has to be seen to be believed.