blackarrow37

Is the Bowmaster press a good thing or a Bad thing to use
i have just bought one but now i hear so many horror stories
would love to hear your views on them
thanks all

dgmultimedia

Supporter
Supporter
The L brackets are an essential accessory if your Bow does not have parallel limbs - other than that it's a perfect "in the field" tool. For extensive maintenance I would use my workshop press but for minor work like string change (to a pre setup string) or peep change its in my field toolbox when I need it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndyW

If you can't wind your bow down very far then the metal rod for turning is not really up to the task - use a socket spanner or similar on the nut at the top. Apart from that it's good but long winded in comparison to a true bow press. Most of the horror stories you will find are because of misuse.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I used one for a few years and it worked fine, but the limbs were longer and I needed a leather patch in the 'Y' to stop the limb being damaged. Today I would check your bow user guide as many newer bows must be pressed at the limb tips, which is fine with the adapters, but if the bow is over parallel I would not use it as I found the adapters were not secure.

blackarrow37

the adapters i bought are rounded at the end,not the L shaped brackets
i was told they would be ok for the Bowtech Fanatic.
thanks for your replies Guys

AndyW

Hi, Sorry I thought it was a general question. Now you've mentioned a fanatic, I wouldn't if it were me. I'm with KidCurry, the shape of the adaptors wouldn't make a jot of difference.

Aleatorian

No, AndyW means the limb shape. See the Hoyt Hyperedge limb shape on the left compared to the Hoyt Podium X Elite on the right. The Hyperedge is over parallel as the axles are closer together then the furthest distance on the limbs, whereas on the Podium the axles are the furthest distance away

- - - Updated - - -

No, AndyW means the limb shape. See the Hoyt Hyperedge limb shape on the left compared to the Hoyt Podium X Elite on the right. The Hyperedge is over parallel as the axles are closer together then the furthest distance on the limbs, whereas on the Podium the axles are the furthest distance away

Attachments

AndyW

Basically. The ATA will not be the longest part of the bow if it's beyond parallel. Imagine the letter C, the distance between the top and bottom of the C is greater than the ends of the C. Now if your cams are attached at the ends of the C - apologies for the crude example.

Ha, well put Aleatorian. Me Ug not do pretty examples, now where did I put that flat rock and bit of charcoal?

Last edited: