Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
Discuss Broken Bow, seller won't refund... Help! at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; It sounds like you've done exactly the right thing. You can't wait for other people ...
    In the Gold AIUK subscriber.
    It sounds like you've done exactly the right thing. You can't wait for other people to get their lives in order as the law does not take things like that in to consideration. I remember my old law lecturer was once questioned about a legal decision being moral. His response to her was "my dear, you are not sudying morality, you are studying English law"
    Gold Flinger likes this.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Blue The Fonz Award. Gold Flinger's Avatar
    At the end of the day, he's caused this over 30 quid and a lost sale. 30 quid gets you precious little these days, and it would be easy just to say "ah fuggedaboudit", but even if it was a pound, the fact that he's breaking the law to try and deprive me of it means he's got a fight on his hands!
    I put my success down to luck. The more I practice, the luckier I get.

In the Blue

A very sad tale. Consumer contract law changed about a year ago to make it easier to understand the rights for distance sales and to extend slightly the time the consumer has to return goods that are faulty. In truth, this isnt really much a change of the law but more of a clarification of the minimum standards that have applied by way of legislation and case law for some time. In short, the retailer should have known this and not wasted time and effort arguing about what the manufacturer will or wont do, that is not your problem but his, he sold you the item and he has the responsibility to you.
    I would hope that he has the sense to pay you the return shipping costs etc without further delay and argument. As you point out modern social media can be utilised to give opinion on this to a very wide audience and it is a foolish retailer that ignores this as they dont have to even have their own web presence for someone to place comments on reputation scoring sites for others to see. Also, as you say, they have lost their ony chance of keeping you as a customer. Give decent customer service and people will forgive a poorly manufactured limb as being beyond the retailers control and be persuaded to buy something else. Screw them around and they go elsewhere and so do their friends. Comments online stay there for an awfully long time
    jonUK76 and Gold Flinger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Flinger View Post
    Broken Bow, seller won't refund... Help!

When my bow broke
    That sure does look a lot more like "chipped paint" than "broken bow".

But certainly "chipped paint" won't get the attention that "broken bow" does.

In the Blue The Fonz Award. Gold Flinger's Avatar
    It's the upper laminate - not sure if it's structural or no, I think it probably is as the draw became 'lighter' when it happened. However you want to label it, it's a failure!

And the customer service I've since experienced from Graham Armstrong at Red Frog Archery in Irvine has been diabolical!
    I put my success down to luck. The more I practice, the luckier I get.

EVC
    Quote Originally Posted by gtek View Post

But certainly "chipped paint" won't get the attention that "broken bow" does.
    In a sense it is broken as it is not like when it was brand new and it took a short time to get like this. Even if it is just aesthetics right now, it shows lack of quality that could be evidence of something more structurally serious.

I have seen Hoyt, WinWin, even low end KAP limbs many years old that do not show such a kind of damage.
    Gold Flinger and BadFrog like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123