Club Records Keeping

joetapley

For info I've made a few cosmetic changes to the club records database program. Can download update from Club Records . (about 6Mb zip). (For existing users - only practical change is that you can now change junior archer age groups within the junior archer utility as well as on the main membership screen).

If you've never heard of it it's a program aimed at giving club records officers a life by automating all that handicap/classification stuff. Number of these around. This one has the benefit of being free :) .

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Woo-hoo!! Thanks very much, Joe. I'd been toying with the idea of writing one myself, since I wasn't entirely happy with what seems to be out there, but this looks like it will be ideal. So the dust can rest peacefully on my programming skills. ;)

tel

Fonz Awardee
Hi, Just downloaded your software (thanks for making it available, by the way!), and encountered a message concerning different versions of the BDE. The recommendation was to contact yourself for advice before continuing with set-up, so here I am! Any pointers very gratefully received - Thanks

Tel

joetapley

Tel
Warning means you already have a BDE installation on the machine.
My own software (not being a programmer) is very old so you will probably have a later version installed.
What the install program says it does if you contine is create a separate BDE installation in a different directory - and warns there can be problems if you try running both BDE versions at the same time. Have no way of testing this - so it's down to you on whether you procede or not- no idea whether it works or not. It should be possible to switch to using the installed (later) BDE version either handraulically or maybe the facility is available within later versions of the BDE. What's needed is a BDE guru.

tel

Fonz Awardee
I've been using the club record software for a while now, though only for a selected few members, to trial it with a view to encouraging its use for all club records. It really is a useful tool - very impressed.
One small question just occured to me though - does/will it autoupdate the changing seasons for year start/current ?

TIA

Terry

joetapley

Yes. Relevant dates are displayed wrt year start and current date on screen and will
automatically change 1 Jan or 1 July for outdoor/indoor.

tel

Fonz Awardee
Many thanks for the time and trouble you have obviously spent on this - if I can't get our records officer to adopt this then I totally give up!
( I will however continue its use amongst the loyal few! ) ;)