Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
Discuss Coincidence? at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; Ian, there was almost a hint of positivity about your post, perhaps you could build ...
    In the Blue
    Thanks
    Ian, there was almost a hint of positivity about your post, perhaps you could build on it; much of it, however, was very much along the Trumanesqe (Fred) lines of "things were so much better in my day", which help no one, least of all today's aspiring young archers, with whom you should perhaps identify with, having said you were one, once.

I have no idea why you live in France but without making too many generalisations, I suspect you're a cynical old ####### who likes to run down this country at any opportunity, having had the best of it and then cleared off because you are able to. (Probably an ex public sector worker, retired early on a full pension) Once abroad, you've realised that life goes on, no one is really missing you, your one-man protest at just how bad the UK has made no difference but you're determined to tell us all how wonderful life is elsewhere and to reinforce it, continue to malign the UK. There are many like you.

I have a lot of time for cynical old bastards who get involved and offer solutions but very little for mudslingers, particularly those who have retreated.

Good luck to you, Ian. I'm glad the UK was great for you when it suited you and now you've chosen to give up on it, I hope you take what you can from France and enjoy it. But please, for the rest of us who chose not to leave the UK or perhaps are not in a position to, no matter what AGB's failings, refrain from heaping your general malaise on us.

No one has ever got anywhere by moaning.

Rog

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Dear Rog600,
    Sorry you feel that way.

ian bayley
    tan.k.sun.7 likes this.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I wonder if this thread would make more progress if personal remarks were banned.
    Perhaps not;I guess the main interest would then be lost.
    backinblack likes this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    I wonder if this thread would make more progress if personal remarks were banned.
    Perhaps not;I guess the main interest would then be lost.
    Mr. Geoffretired

I tried! Message to Admin. should close this thread before it becomes more abusive. It has gone completely of topic now.

ian bayley

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Feel what way?

As I said earlier, I'm hoping for it not to become personal; I've tried to put myself in your shoes and see your point of view and whilst I can (that things have changed and in your opinion for the worse), I cannot then see any point in continued moaning about it without offering solutions. Perhaps trying to see it from they other way might be useful to you.

It is difficult for it not to become personal as the continued running down of anything, be it an organisation or a country, without any suggestions of how you might improve it, is a personality trait which is, sadly, not uncommon, in my experience, in some sections of society, ex-pats being one of them. Perhaps I've tarred you with the same brush? Are you not like that? I hope not but I'm sure I'm not alone in how I am perceiving you.

It's no good saying don't get personal when your personality colours the discussion.

Now come on! Years of experience, years of knowledge, years of understanding; we all hear your beef, what do you want to happen? How would you achieve it?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianB View Post
    Is it coincidence that the rise of the Korean archers just happened to be when all carbon
    Arrows became available and F.I.T.A. changed the format in international competition?
    1972 archery returns t the Olympics
    1988 the Olympics is in the Republic of Korea

As they plan these things so far in advance the Koreans decided to throw money at their archery and they started to win, as winning is good advertising more money is thrown at the sport and sponsorship from private companies allows the archers to be professional (permitted from 86 according to Mr. Google).

I think this makes far more of adifference than carbon arrows

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast