CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Discuss The danger of over doing it at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; Ok I just got back and am sipping a cuppa as I write this. Today ...
    In the Blue
    Thanks
    Ok I just got back and am sipping a cuppa as I write this.

Today was much better, I was not alineing the string in the same place each time until I realised it, but that is a form lapse rather than being tired etc, best of all no string slaps 😄

I shot my normal 100 arrows and only had about 8 very bad shots, a some wobbly ones but thatís normal for me

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Fatigue can be a key component of form lapses... One of the arguments for overdoing it, every now and again, is to learn how to maintain form (or at least cope with the lapses) under fatigue conditions...
    A similar argument can be made for shooting in lousy weather conditions (though I can't claim to be in the "hey, the weather's awful! Great! Let's get some bad weather practice in..." enthusiast group )
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 859 Posts
    I remember deliberately shooting in the rain when I was trying for MB. It was good to learn how the shooting changes when wearing wet weather gear, for example. Wet bow hand, and tab, and string. Shooting 12 dozen was a must. It all seemed like a challenge worth accepting, all those years ago.
    These days getting the cams wet is not something I fancy; so for the bow's sake I shoot in nice weather.
    Kernowlad likes this.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 859 Posts
    I remember deliberately shooting in the rain when I was trying for MB. It was good to learn how the shooting changes when wearing wet weather gear, for example. Wet bow hand, and tab, and string. Shooting 12 dozen was a must. It all seemed like a challenge worth accepting, all those years ago.
    These days getting the cams wet is not something I fancy; so for the bow's sake I shoot in nice weather.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    I donít mind a little dusty drizzle but real rain is a no no for me, more so for my dad as he suffers from chest problem so itís very bad for him.

I think the reason my form can be a bit wobbly in some aspects of it is that Iím still quite new to recurve, there is less to think about when I was shooting compound so Iím still learning the new things I have not had to worry about before.

I just have to check string alignment every time I draw as itís not ingrained in memory/ muscle memory yet, itís one of them things that if I donít think about is easy to forget.

My release is getting better, so thatís one battle half won.

In the Red AIUK subscriber. Kernowlad's Avatar
    Thanks
    We shot in heavy rain a while back - weirdly I got a PB that still stands (and it was actually not bad) but I completely trashed my arrows, my sight was a mess and it knackered my wrist release. So while I'll run, cycle and surf in any weather, archery is for good(ish) weather only for me.
    Mybo Origin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast