Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Discuss Date of Birth at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; I`ve just been told that AGB won`t renew my affiliation unless the club gives them ...
    In the Blue
    Thanks

Date of Birth

I`ve just been told that AGB won`t renew my affiliation unless the club gives them my date of birth and does it instantly, failing which I can`t shoot. Being over 18 seems to have worked for the last 40 something years without a problem so why is it suddenly a problem?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    probably because the online system has been set up to automatically mark people as cadets, juniors, seniors & veterans... which it can only do if it has a person's date of birth.
    Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

Thanks
    They told me to list the people who did not wish to divulge their dob in an email and they would add them to my 'basket'. Same with those who haven't got an email address or don't want AGB to have it. Looks like the form designer made dob and email mandatory fields.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bimble View Post
    probably because the online system has been set up to automatically mark people as cadets, juniors, seniors & veterans... which it can only do if it has a person's date of birth.
    But when I log on to my profile on the sport80 web site, my dob is already there on page 4/6 so why are they asking for it through the club?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TimGriff6 View Post
    But when I log on to my profile on the sport80 web site, my dob is already there on page 4/6 so why are they asking for it through the club?
    Are you renewing as an Individual member of is your Club Secretary registering all your mrmberships. I am doing the latter, and if there is no dob on that page, I cannot continue to add that member to my 'basket' in order to produce our invoice for payment. Hence I have to submit a list and these people will be added to the basket manually, by AGB. Then the invoice can be built.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    Cheers, Richard

In the Blue
    Thanks
    The club secretary is trying to sort out the club's submission to AGB. Are you saying that a member can have a full profile on the AGB website but that the club have to independently enter a full profile for them as well? Or does the club just pick the existing names from the AGB data base and say that they have paid their subs, then enters data for new members?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast