CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Discuss Date of Birth at the General Archery Discussion & News within Archery Interchange Forums; The replies could loosely be translated as 'we've had a consultant in who has lots ...
    In the Blue
    Thanks
    The replies could loosely be translated as 'we've had a consultant in who has lots of great ideas, most of which will fizzle out over time or get superseded when we get the next consultant in'

I seem to remember that roughly 1% of people in this country have someone who shares their name and date of birth - if so dob is not actually a unique identifier even if it helps to narrow the field down a bit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimGriff6 For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (23-09-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Gold AIUK subscriber. fbirder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DHBowman View Post
    To create a unique membership record (especially important when dealing with hundreds and thousands of records) preventing the creation of duplicate records on the database which cause significant issues and delays to the member - Really unless you have two Dave Smiths (or other common name) in your club with the same middle name I dont see this being an issue. You can setup a database to generate individual ID numbers for each entry avoiding duplication even with duplicate entries
    I've just completed my renewal of my club membership.

The online form automagically filled in the field for my club membership number - which also appears on my AGB membership card. So I already have a unique ID.

The form also required DoB - if under 25. Otherwise it's not required.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    I was talking to our membership secretary last night and he tells me that the option described before in this thread for the membership people at AGB to enter names without dob is not available to him. They say that he must provide dob for the invoice to be raised (and someone else on the committee is not happy about fictitious information being provided in case there is an insurance issue!)
    Andy-M likes this.

In the Black
    Thanks
    We really should be asking how our DoB will be used and how it will be stored.

In May 2018, the Data Protection Act (DPA) in the UK is due to be replaced by the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Under the new regulations, companies must keep a thorough record of how and when an individual gives consent to store and use their personal data.

When the new data protection laws come in and what will change

It could be, unless we are getting an AGB birthday card, a birth year only would suffice

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mark27b For This Useful Post:

In the Black AIUK subscriber.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark27b View Post
    We really should be asking how our DoB will be used and how it will be stored.

In May 2018, the Data Protection Act (DPA) in the UK is due to be replaced by the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Under the new regulations, companies must keep a thorough record of how and when an individual gives consent to store and use their personal data.

When the new data protection laws come in and what will change

It could be, unless we are getting an AGB birthday card, a birth year only would suffice
    similar considerations will also apply to the grass roots clubs IF they process or hold any personal data on members (which they almost certainly will)

might be useful for folks to look at the below

https://www.muckle-llp.com/enews/gdp...ssroots-clubs/

In the Black AIUK subscriber.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Why not use the persons N.I. no as a unique identifier? In Spain the equivalent appears on your drivers licence.
    [SIGPIC] When the road forks, follow your heart.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisgas For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast